Author Topic: August Tourney List Help  (Read 1116 times)

lupa15

August Tourney List Help
« on: July 17, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »
Hey all!

I haven't played 40k since fifth edition and am interested in the August 2nd tourney.  I have some questions for my list and if I should/need to fill holes with the new big weapons in the armies now.

First option: Generic Space Marines w/ Grey Knights

HQ: Captain, Librarian, Crowe, Terminator Librarian, Inquisitor

Elites: Paladins, Legion of the Damned, Inquistor Retinue, Vindicaire, Terminators

Troops: Space Marine Squads, Scout Snipers, Purifiers, Grey Knights Terminators/Strike Squads
           Razorback

Fast Attack: Vanguard Veterans, Bike Squad

Heavy Support: Predator w/ Lascannons, Dreadknight, Purgation Squad

Option Two: Chaos Space Marines

HQ: Terminator Lord, Lord

Elites: Berserkers, Terminators, Chosen

Troops: CSM, Cultists
           Rhino

Fast Attack: Raptors

Heavy: Predator, Vindicator

Both these lists tend to be without fire support and air cover/anti-air.  What are your suggestions to fill the gaps?  Do I really need anti-air or can I go my troop heavy list without getting board wiped?

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: August Tourney List Help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »
The only dedicated anti air chaos has other than helldrakes and flying demon princes are middle launcher havocs with the flakk missle upgrade. So you could switch out the predator for middle launcher havocs if you really want dedicated anti air.
You could always take an Aegis with a quad gun too. Keep in mind models with skyfire can only snap fire at ground targets even with interceptor. They can however shoot skimmers at their normal ballistic skill.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

lupa15

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
I didn't even think of taking Havocs or an Aegis Defense line.

I ended up picking my SM as the army of choice and I may put either of those options in there.  It was also suggested to put a Stormraven in the list which I think is the way I will go for my GK in the future.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »
I didn't even think of taking Havocs or an Aegis Defense line.

I ended up picking my SM as the army of choice and I may put either of those options in there.  It was also suggested to put a Stormraven in the list which I think is the way I will go for my GK in the future.

Stormravens are pretty good. Just watch out for Traktor Kannons.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.