Author Topic: Game this Sunday (the 27th)?  (Read 2295 times)

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
Game this Sunday (the 27th)?
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:11:28 PM »
Hey all,

I know CaptainCon is this weekend, but I wanted to see if anyone not attending was interested in getting a Fantasy game in down in Plainville?

I would prefer to play 2800 points as I am trying to shake the cobwebs off for NOVA, but at this point I'd rather play anything than not play at all  ;D

Let me know!

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
Re: Game this Sunday (the 27th)?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:25 PM »
Hey Brian,
  I would play but unfortunately I have to work at 3 and the store doesn't open till 11.  If you were interested I could do the day after, Monday (7/28) at any time morning, noon, or night.  I can play any size game that you want.  If Monday doesn't work, we could possibly work out another time/date.

Nate
Hakuna Matata

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
No worries Nate!

I can only really make it down to Plainville on the weekends, but I would definitely like to get some games in, in the future. If you're free the Sunday or Saturday after I can probably rustle up another coupe of folks and we can all try to get a few games in. Right now we're all about 2800 points, but after NOVA we can also play whatever.

What armies do you play? I'm currently rocking wood elves, but am considering getting into either Bretonnians (depending how cavalry-y they remain in the new book - IF they get a new book  :P) or Vampire Counts (I REALLY want to use a coven throne and a zombie dragon for some irrational reason  ;D)

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 01:22:49 AM »
Well I have every other weekend off so I could do any time on the 2nd or 3rd of august.  I have 7 different armies: Warriors of chaos, daemons, vampire counts, lizardmen, dwarves, beastmen, and dark elves.  Only WoC, the lizards, and the VC would be able to do 2800.  I can definitely bring the VC if you want to see the coven throne and/or zombie dragon in action. 

I hope the Bretts get their new book (they need and deserve it)
Hakuna Matata

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »
Awesome!

I just realized we're having a "company outing" this Friday (tomorrow), so on the off chance you are free I can definitely try to beat the traffic down 93 and be there around 2 (and can stay till whenever).

I have no idea how crazy the store gets for Friday Night Magic though, so we may be pressed for space... I'll ping Chase/Sam and see.

My buddies play High Elves, Lizardmen, and Daemons, so I am psyched you have plenty of alternatives, and I would LOVE to see an assembled throne and dragon, action not even necessary  ;D

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
Tragically, I work 3pm till 11 tomorrow. So unfortunately I can't make it there.  I guess the best we can hope for is to plan maybe for next weekend if you were interested.
Hakuna Matata

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Sounds like a plan - I'll ping you early next week to work out the details.

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Still interested for this Sunday?
Hakuna Matata

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 01:13:17 PM »
Absolutely! Sorry for the delay, I was worried I was going to have to travel for work but the trip was postponed to be later in the week. I'll have 2800 points of elves. I'll PM you the list tomorrow or Saturday so you can prepare accordingly (I need to see if I can pickup a chimera for transformation of kadon, otherwise I'll fall back on list 1.0). I'm happy to play WoC or VC, whichever you prefer after seeing the silliness I'm bringing to NOVA.

I'll shoot to be there around 11:30-12.

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
I can be there at that time and I have a chimera if you need to borrow one for Sunday.  I can bring both armies if you want to play both if you have time.  You don't have to send me the list if you don't want to.  I enjoy playing the unknown. 
Hakuna Matata

BrianP

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
Sounds great! We should definitely (hopefully?) have the time for multiple games, especially if we get started around noon. See ya then.