Author Topic: Brushes and care there of  (Read 2032 times)

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
Brushes and care there of
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »
For the past 7 years or so, from the day I got into Warhammer, I've been using the GW brushes.  I still have many of the ones I had in that day and they still serve a purpose.  Thinking about picking up some new brushes and while I do like the citadel brushes, was curious what other people thought of them and what they liked to use.  Was also wondering about care of the brushes.  I've only ever cleaned mine using water but I can never seem to get all of the paint out and it stains the bristles.  It doesn't seem to have an effect on painting though, but makes me think there are better options for cleaning and care of them.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
Re: Brushes and care there of
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
I use Winsor Newton Series 7 and clean them warm water, and I also use regular hair contione on them every 9-12 months.

I also know Rosemary's and Escoda make very good brushes also, most kolinsky sable brushes will be very good.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax