Author Topic: Attleboro  (Read 1795 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Attleboro
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:11 PM »
Does anyone live in or near Attleboro, MA?
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
Re: Attleboro
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:21:14 AM »
Dang I live in the Black Hole of Miniature Wargaming / Hobby Stores!
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
There really isn't much down that way anymore. The closest place might be SNEG in Providence or AVID in Milford
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
Well if anyone lives in the area check out my new website for a club I am starting.

http://strategiccommand.webs.com/

Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
Yeah man that sucks.  On a bad day it can take me over an hour to get to BG from Dedham.  On a good day maybe 20 minutes.  It could be worse though...you could be IN Rhode Island where I'm fairly certain there's only 2 gaming stores in the entire state and none of them provide playing space for 40k or anything like that (the hobby store in Newport seems large enough but I don't believe they have game space).

Based on your website you play 40k.  Do you play anything else besides that?  I know it isn't the same but you could try playing some of these games online like how Chess players do play by mail.  I've seen that done for a game I play, War at Sea, and it tends to work.

You could also plan to come to BG for some of the larger events.  The big Mega Battle every January is a huge draw and could be a lot of fun for you.  Would coming to BG every couple months be in the cards?  There's a lot of 40kers here and I'm sure you could get some games in if you came on the weekends.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »
Oh i never miss a Mega Battle at BG :) i was in the last one and my whole army crashed in burned in their transport... some folks should remember that event :) LOL

But yeah I am going to be modify the site to have other games as well.. FOW, WFB, BFG, etc... also some role playing. but 40k is my main focus as a hobby although I play most other games as well.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com