Author Topic: X-wing 9/11/14 Battle report  (Read 1380 times)

Ron olivier

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
X-wing 9/11/14 Battle report
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »
Had a great night at Battleground last night, casual games.

I wanted to try out my new Defender, so I built around it.

Rexler Brath w/ swarm tactics
Howlrunner w/ predator
3x Obsidian Squadron Pilots

Swarm on rexler was a little odd, but I figured it might come in handy by the end game.
I wanted predator on Howl, so she could join her ties in rerolling. I'll probably switch it so rexler has a better chance of using his ablility.

First opponent was David, who ran a very inventive list.

2x Blue Squadron Pilot w/ sensor jammer & Advanced Sensors
2x Rebel Operative w/ Ion Cannon Turret & Tactician

the sensor jammers are cruel when you don't have focus! The HWK's were stressing guys out with tactician, though I think we were playing tactician wrong, because it only works in your firing arc. Howlrunner was taken out early, landing on a rock, and being lit up by the B-wings. Rexler had a hard time, because he didn't have a focus for his ability. I got rocked, only taking out one HWK.

The next game, I played against paul, who ran Etahn A'baht With Veteran Instincts and R2-D2, Ibtisam with advanced sensors and Heavy Laser Cannon, and Airen Cracken w/assault missile and deadeye.

I started my Howl swarm on the left, and rexler on the right. Paul placed Cracken opposite my swarm. the other two he started in the middle.
I moved my miniswarm just shy of targeting range for Cracken, who moved up 4, hoping to grab a target lock. Rexler began to flank, and Etahn and ibtisam modestly moved forward. No shots.

This turn I rocketed forward with the swarm to try to crowd Cracken at range one, but he was able to get Howl in range two, he fired off his missiles, and only managed 1 hit! I rolled a single evade. Whew! rexler was able to get a shot on the B-wing, and Etahn banked into the swarm fight.

This round I K'd behind cracken, taking him out.  I bulleted rexler forward to join the swarm party. Etahn only got a few shots fired on him, so he lived to see another day. Howl took 2 damage from him.

This round saw Etahn die, as well as howl.

This round, i think the b-wing one-shotted a tie, then got taken down by his vengeful fellow. Good game, though not the anxiety-driven event from last week.

commanderfrost

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • X-Wing Community Thread!
    • Email
Re: X-wing 9/11/14 Battle report
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:39:37 AM »
I like your list a lot! Giving Brath the ability to fire on a target after a couple of ties have (hopefully!) stripped the shields off of a target will allow you to get much more use out of his pilot ability. Your thinking in regards to swapping Predator to Brath and Swarm tactics back to Howl would support this.

Be the positive change you want to see.