Author Topic: New Tyranid organisms  (Read 2476 times)

MM3791

• God
New Tyranid organisms
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
Has anyone seen the new releases for tyranids? It seems like they came completely out of nowhere. I guess GW realized that they need a much need boost, even with a codex less then a year old. Where are the rules for these new critters? They seemed to have gained an entire new play style with deep striking and shooting..

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Re: New Tyranid organisms
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
pretty much all the relevant images live here:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50156-New-Tyranids

there are some better quality ones someplace where you can actually read the rules for the sporocyst, but i didn't dig that hard to find them.

the spore pods are gonna be huge, they give nids a huge layer of new tactics to play with. the fact that you buy the spores by themselves and choose what (if anything) to put in them at deployment is huge. it means if you're playing against a shooting army where you need to get across the board you can throw your dakkafexes or whatever in there to keep them from having to walk, or if you're playing against an assault army you can put those guys on the board to shoot early and put something like gants in the pod to drop in other parts of the board for objectives.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »
Yea it looks cool, looks like 3 different duel build models. Maybe we'll see more of this

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Interesting....
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

That One Guy

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 04:37:42 AM »
I'm really wondering where the new rules are going to end up, other than in the White Dwarves, so are the nids getting a new codex release for 7th? An update? So, wondering where that's going to go.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
You're not going to believe it looks likes rules for the new tyranids are going to be on the GW website for free.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/free-to-download.html
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

That One Guy

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »
What dark sorcery is this? Still, that's really cool to see

MM3791

• God
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
Why are they giving rules away for free? I think I liked it better when GW was more evil lol  ;D

They clearly expanded the tyranid codex with new models and new rules, which means if they're willing to provide that service for one army, then it could happen to any army at anytime. Very cool surprising customers like that

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
there was a bunch of talk that they'll be printing a rules sheet in the box with the new models as well, quite the departure from the norm!

That One Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
It is true, on the directions for assembling the models are the printed rules. Its kind of cool. Maybe the guard will get new models soon. My vote is for rough riders on bikes   :D