Author Topic: Abington 40k Leader board...  (Read 3767 times)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
Abington 40k Leader board...
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »
Hopefully by now you have noticed that in Abington there are two L=leader boards on the wall. One for 40k and one for Fantasy.

These boards are there for no other reason than to let you know who is playing these games in the store, and give you a clue as to who you may want to beat. This is a community run board, we are playing for Bragging rights, you think you are the best 40k player in Abington this is a good chance to try and show it :)

How does it work?
       - Each player in Abington asks one of the staff there for a tag with their name on it. You can play 40, Fantasy or Both, just make sure your name makes it to the board.
       - Every player starts on the bottom rung
       - You move up by beating other players in a game of 40k or Fantasy
       - You and your opponent decide the points, and type of game. You pick your own army, if you happen to own many you can play a different army for each game.
       - You have two Saturdays after the challenge has been issued to respond. If you do not accept the challenge (for whatever reason) if you know you cannot make the game work, please let your opponent know asap so they can take the win, and move on.
       -  When it comes to a challenge you are only responsible for accepting the first challenge in a two week period; if you are challenged by multiple players and you want to fight them all, please accept in the order presented where possible.

Challenges, how to move up the board!

Right now the field is wide open, challenge any player on the board, win, and you move up a level, lose and you move down a level (obviously not below the last one at this point :)) As soon as we have players on multiple levels we'll change things slightly.

Once we have more players on higher levels, a challenge may only be issued to someone on the same level as you or above. However if you are challenged by a lower tier player, and manage to fend off their aggression you may still move up a slot if there is room to do so.

Once the board fills up movement will be very much a case of dead mans boots. that is you challenge a player on the next level above you on the board, if they lose you swap places with them. Lose and you stay where you are.

A separate topic will be created for challenges on the forum, please post all challenges there so they can be tracked.

As mentioned this is a community run endeavor, so far we've had a few players input into the way this works, if there are problems please let me know, and we can talk through any issues with the tracking mechanism. Game mechanics, points, scenario's etc. Sort that out with your opponent!

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Grandmaster Steve

• God
  • No whining, just fun games this is how I play
    • Email
Re: Abington 40k Leader board...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:19:42 PM »
I usualy have Space Wolves, Ultra Marines, or Minotaurs that need forge world rules. E-mail me at Wolfyugo@aol.com if any one wants to set up a game.

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »
Sounds fun, looking forward to putting my name in this weekend!

coolrick5

• 6200 proxy points of Salamanders
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »
Will a similar setup be done for the Plainville store? I know there are more than a few 40k players (myself included) who just can't make it to Abington because of the drive involved
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
Will a similar setup be done for the Plainville store?

Nope.  We're looking at something different.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
So Chris Capone and his Chaos space marines has challenged me, we'll be playing Friday afternoon maybe more than one game will happen that day!

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

MarkMiller17

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 11:11:42 PM »
If anyone on the leaderboard would like to play my blood angels I should be in Abington on Sunday

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »
Hey Mark,
          Much easier to just pick on someone in particular and challenge. I've noticed the "anyone" posts get missed sometimes. I'm usually available to play on Friday nights or Saturdays, I try and leave my Sundays game free to be honest.

I'll be around this Friday eve\Saturday, or one of the other guys will. There's a fair collection of armies out there to choose from :)

Cheers,
Alan

MarkMiller17

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
Thanks Alan I'll try and get there on Saturday since I have been kind of busy with basketball so I would like to play u so if I go I hope to see u or the others there :)

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »
Right, due to peer pressure (Alan) I finally have 2 of my 6 Armies back in playable shape. I will most likely be at the store most of the afternoon \ early evening. Fair warning, I haven't played regularly since 5th. Gonna be slow on new rules.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
Right, due to peer pressure (Alan) I finally have 2 of my 6 Armies back in playable shape. I will most likely be at the store most of the afternoon \ early evening. Fair warning, I haven't played regularly since 5th. Gonna be slow on new rules.

Hey Murph, when are you next free? I can be around Friday & Saturday this week. We can sit down and play some test games to familiarize you with the rules. I'd extend that to anyone else who hasn't played or want to play, chime in here with when you can be at BG and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,
Alan

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »

Hey Murph, when are you next free? I can be around Friday & Saturday this week. We can sit down and play some test games to familiarize you with the rules. I'd extend that to anyone else who hasn't played or want to play, chime in here with when you can be at BG and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,
Alan

Sadly or not so Sadly for me; not until after I return from vacation in California. Sorry its such a long ways out
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
There will be  few different players at BG Friday night; Right now I know that Capone, Robbie and Alan will be there, who else is up for a game?