Author Topic: End Times coming to 40k? BL Author Graham McNeill weighs in  (Read 1263 times)

MM3791

• God
End Times coming to 40k? BL Author Graham McNeill weighs in
« on: December 05, 2014, 06:00:01 PM »
It seems like there may be a possibility of Guilliman coming back and/or the Golden Throne failling. Seems logical due to the massive popularity of End Times: Warhammer (seriously GW knocked it out of the park with this series), I could see them bringing something similiar to 40k. Even if it did happen I'd guess that it wouldn't see the light of day until a few years at the least. Graham's official response (taken from his website) http://graham-mcneill.com/#!/end-times-not-coming/

To quote the late, great Brian Glover, “This is rumour control, here are the facts…”

You may have seen a few rumours flying around t’interweb about the end times of 40k.

40k is NOT ending (well, beyond the mechanisms of the Golden Throne failing, the constant encroachments of alien invaders and the insidious corruption of Chaos…).

Context is everything…

This all came about after a conversation I had at the BL Weekender III, where I talked about things I’d LIKE to do in the next Ultramarines trilogy (not necessarily GETTING to do, but which I’d LIKE to do). One of the things I said was that I thought it’d be fun to bring Guilliman back, “probably not in a literal way, but in some form or another, and that such an event would, naturally, have further ramifications for the Chapter…”. I also said that I’d floated a bunch of ideas past the guys at editorial and had received a cautious, “That sounds pretty cool,” response.

And that’s it. That’s as far as any “progress” on this has gone.

So, get those panties unbunched, those knickers untwisted. Keep Calm and Keep Playing 40K.

See ya,

Graham

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:16:56 PM by MM3791 »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: End Times coming to 40k? BL Author Graham McNeill weighs in
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »
It would be a neat way to wrap up 7th edition... But here's hoping we get a few years more out of it first.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel