Author Topic: Looking to start 30k  (Read 1794 times)

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Looking to start 30k
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
Hey guys, I was looking to start collecting a HH 30k army (salamanders). I was wondering if there was anyone in the community who played 30k, and maybe some tips on how best to start -- it's obviously expensive and will take time, so if I'm starting from the bottom, what should be the first step. (please don't say "get the book")
Thanks all!

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Looking to start 30k
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:11:46 AM »
I'll be there probably most of the afternoon with my 30k Imperial Fists.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Ivellos

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »
I have a small but growing 30K Death Guard army myself. I have been playing with a few friends who have different stuff as well.

I don't know if there's really any good advice to get you started. Go down to BG and pick up some stuff and start painting!
40k Tyranids, Necrons, Heresy Death Guard

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:46:25 AM »
I already have a small unit of Pyroclasts completely done, and I'm currently working on Vulkan (after all, what's the point of 30k if you don't use a Primarch?). I'm waiting on a few tac marines, as well. If there is a community of 30k players out there I'd love to check it out.

Ivellos

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:27 PM »
While the format is really should be played at 1500+, honestly 2k+ once you have ~1500 PM me and I'll get a game in. I don't play often but I'm building and painting my army now as well.
40k Tyranids, Necrons, Heresy Death Guard