Author Topic: starting a new army  (Read 1019 times)

tcliff86

• Heroic Tier Level 4
starting a new army
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »
Hi all,

I got the battle for skull pass set, and after playing that through a couple times, and after playing a great tutorial game with Poo the Great, ive decided to start on a WFB army.  I was hoping some vets could give me advice on how to start up.

the two armies I am interested in are the Vampire Counts, the Beastmen, and Empire (and others as the mood strikes me).

I have read online everywhere that the Vampire Count army is very dominant, and I dont want an army that nobody will want to play against b/c its "broken" so is there a way to build a VC army that is still competitive but not so tough that people will not enjoy playing against it?

My issue with the Beastmen is that they are due for an update soon,  but not soon enough for my liking.  If i started a beastmen army now and kept it relatively small (under 1000pts) do you think all the troops will still be useful in the next iteration of the army book.

and I do like the empire and how flexible you can be with them and how they can do a lot of things well if you build your army to do them, but are they the jack of all trades and master of none?

any opinions, info on these armies, or ideas about other armies that are friendly to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

all the best
and thanks for any input
-Tim