Author Topic: New Hours Heresy boxed set / game - roll call!  (Read 2262 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
New Hours Heresy boxed set / game - roll call!
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
The new Hours Heresy box set / game goes on sale November 14th. If you're planning to pick up a copy, we'd really appreciate the heads up. We're told that while it's not a limited run item, there will not be a second printing before Xmas.

Battleground does not plan to deeply stock this product beyond the initial requests. Please shoot me a message or an email if you're interested. Thanks guys!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grandmaster Steve

• God
  • No whining, just fun games this is how I play
    • Email
Re: New Hours Heresy boxed set / game - roll call!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 12:03:45 AM »
I want one for me in Abington

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:24:11 PM »
Sign me up for one in Plainville.  I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be 40ks Age of Sigmar and kill 40k in favor of 30k.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
HH: Betrayal at Calth is the starter set for 30k, which is supposed to replace Hobbit, not 40k. If people are looking for the existing HH rules, I'd recommend the FW red book set .   http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Legion-Astartes-Gamers-Collection

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
HH: Betrayal at Calth is the starter set for 30k, which is supposed to replace Hobbit, not 40k. If people are looking for the existing HH rules, I'd recommend the FW red book set .   http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Legion-Astartes-Gamers-Collection

Ah OK.  I might stock up on hobbit mini's just to have and paint at a later point then.  I wish GW would tell people a head of time when a game is going to get discontinued.  Always had planned to get a bunch of BFG models for the sake of building and painting but it was never a priority.  When I had a bunch saved up I went to make an order and found that I missed it by a month!

MM3791

• God
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 08:22:34 PM »
Well Hobbit movies are done so I'd think it's predictable that the game would eventually go too. 30k has enjoyed major success over the last few years so it makes sense to bring it mainstream. 40k has always been the golden goose, and 40k and 30k are compatible with each other.. 30k Word Bearers (unlike other legions) can even ally with 40k codex Daemons.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »
Sign me up for one in Plainville.  I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be 40ks Age of Sigmar and kill 40k in favor of 30k.

Got it.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel