Author Topic: Looking for new players to start a roleplaying group  (Read 2525 times)

DubbedBillGuppy

• Email
Looking for new players to start a roleplaying group
« on: February 21, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »
I am looking to get a group together to play a roleplaying game called Scion. It is a game based in a modern day where gods from every polytheistic culture awaken their scions (below demigod, above humans, still mortal). You play as a Scion in the middle of a war against the awakening titans. Use your brains, charm, or muscle to do and get whatever you need to end the war- or prolong it.

So Scion is a game which is almost extracted from the pure admiration of Greek myths and epics. With that being said, while there will be the throwing of dice, this is a game where language and descriptions will flourish, roleplaying as your character is a must, elements of drama will be littered over each session, and every player should have a great time, waiting for more.

For scion, we use D10's for everything, which are not expensive or hard to get your hands on. There are not many rules, and the extent of your imagination and descriptions will define what your character can accomplish.

I recently put up posters in the Battlegrounds Books and Games bulletin in the locations in Plainville and Abington. Feel free to email me or leave a reply if your are interested.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Looking for new players to start a roleplaying group
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:16:21 AM »
Check out our new Facebook group.  You may have better luck getting this in front of the right eyes there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/battlegroundRPGgroup
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

DubbedBillGuppy

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
Thanks a ton! I'll be sure to make a post there.

DocDoubt

• Move Rate 20 Games
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »
I am interested if this is still open. Where, when and how often are you thinking of meeting?
"Watch the quiet ones. They're like sponges, always absorbing what's going on. Then when you least expect it, they hit you with a barb of your own making."

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:19:08 PM »
Dunno if you follow Onyx Path but the new edition of Scion is in the pipeline too.

DubbedBillGuppy

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »
I have not heard but that is awesome. I'll have to keep an ear out.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
yes and since they now own the property they are looking to get it out to brick and mortar stores somehow so hopefully BG can carry thier stuff w/o having to go through DriveThru