Author Topic: n00b question  (Read 1273 times)

xxxMIDIANxxx

• Heroic Tier Level 2
n00b question
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »
I'm a little confused, the rule book told me one thing, and a player told me another... I'll keep it simple - Let's say I have a regular tac marine with a bolter. Normally, a marine has 1 attack, but if I assault, during that turn, I have +1, totalling 2 attacks. I get that. But, what if I have an assault marine (or any other model) with 2 attacks, that is charging, and also has 2 close combat weapons (pistol + chainsword let's say). It would be 2 attacks base, +1 for assaulting, and +1 for 2 close combat weapons right? 2+1+1=4 attacks during the assaulting turn, and 3 attacks there after correct? Someone told me there is +1 for assaulting +1 for a single close combat weapon and another +1 for 2 close combat weapons, which would total 5 during the assault turn? Which is correct? (can you see where I am confused lol)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: n00b question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »
You get +1 attack for Charging and +1 attack for having 2 CCW.  There is no Bonus attack for having a Single CCW. So in your example the Tac marine with Bolter Gets +1 attack for the Charge and thats it, the Assault Marine would get +2 attacks (one for the charge and another for 2 CCWs).

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
The 2 attacks in the profile for the assault marine already include the extra for having a Pistol/CCW.  That's most likely where the confusion is.

If, however, it's your veteran sergeant (2 base before CCW), then yes it will be bumped up to 3, then given the extra attack for charging making for a total of 4.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »
assault marines only have 1 base attack in their profile(exept for the sarge, who has 2)

xxxMIDIANxxx

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up.  :D

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
The 2 attacks in the profile for the assault marine already include the extra for having a Pistol/CCW

Rob S.  You are incorrect they do not add the gear in the profile.  The profile is base only.  If a marine has 2 attackes in his profile he will receive another for his gear.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »
The 2 attacks in the profile for the assault marine already include the extra for having a Pistol/CCW

Rob S.  You are incorrect they do not add the gear in the profile.  The profile is base only.  If a marine has 2 attackes in his profile he will receive another for his gear.

They are not always entirely consistent in this.   Sometimes you see something in the wargear section like...

Scything talons  (bonus Attacks included in profile)

It is prudent to look both at the A attribute for the base number of attacks and check for notes under wargear.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »

Maybe they did in a previous edition, I don't have the codex with me but I remember that for some reason. Mah bad.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion