Author Topic: Arena Week 5: (3/7/2010)  (Read 2016 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Arena Week 5: (3/7/2010)
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:03:54 PM »
March 7th, 2010
1:00pm
Fee: $5.00

Please Bring:
Dice

Special Rules:
No Action Points

For this weeks event I will be creating 4 different level 7 characters, a Fighter, a Sorcerer, a Warden, and a Druid.  Players will randomly determine the character they will use by rolling a d4.  Each number will be tied one of the characters.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

johnnyboy

• Heroic Tier Level 7
    • Email
Re: Arena Week 5: (3/7/2010)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
i eally like this format chase seem more fun not really knowing what type of charecter you can end up playing.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:22 AM »
The Sorcerer, Druid, and Warden are complete.  It's going to be an interesting event.  Player's will certainly be required to read the sheets over carefully and "figure the characters out" in order to have success.

I'd advise interested players to bring their copy of PHB1 and PHB2 with them on Sunday.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »
The Fighter is now finished.  I will have to test them a bit tomorrow.

They can all do some nasty stuff but players will have to pay attention to their character sheets if they expect success.

I expect this particular event to be a lot of fun.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:30:56 PM »
We ended up going with a 9 person Free For All instead of the straight Swiss style tournament this week due to a relatively low interest in the 1v1 event (only 3 were interested in that).

The result was a very bloody battle.  People were up, they were down, and they were everywhere in between.  There were some giant, life ending crits dealt by a Fighter (Devon Grogan) and a Sorcerer (Brian Luscomb).  The Wardens proved to be very resilient.  The winner of the day ended up being Jay Walker with the Druid.  He ended up rolling a 20 on his Death Saving Throw to stand back up towards the end of the encounter and was able to ride a few key critical hits to the win.

We had 4 brand new players participate and another 2 players that were very new to the game.

Everybody had a LOT of fun and they all encouraged me to run the event as a giant Free For All in the future.

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
chase, as a mild suggestion for a balanced free for all, make week 6 phb3 only. this means that even veterans will have to try something new and largely untested and new players will pretty much be like the other weeks. also it encourages sales ;)