Author Topic: Starting Help for a n00b  (Read 1465 times)

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
Starting Help for a n00b
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
I'll likely be purchasing a Cygnar or Protectorate of Menoth starter box soon after Spring Break (late March/early April)

I know very little about the game, but have played Mech-Warrior years ago which seems to have some similarities. I would like to play some casual games and learn the ropes on a smaller scale.

I like the idea of smaller armies where each unit (or infantry squad) dying is a big loss, rather than 40k bigger armies.

I'll be working in Abington likely 4-5 days a week around then, so any advice or suggestions would be awesome.

-Cale
A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Starting Help for a n00b
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:13:43 PM »
Instead of smashing you in the face with a wall of text, I will suggest you come to Abington on a Thursday evening or Plainville on a Saturday. That's when The community gathers most often. There are a few Cygnar players and a few Protectorate that would be more than willing to answer any questions you have and maybe show you a game.

If you want to take the Protectorate for a test drive, let me know. They're my second army and I'd be more than happy to bring them out for you to use.
beep bop boop

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:27:19 AM »
Sounds good to me  ;D

I'll be sure to stop by one of those nights soon after Spring Break (there's a chance I'll be working in Abington Thursday evening's)

My soon to be old job has been keeping me from annoying you guys with n00b questions on those nights the past month or so. Chase let me know those nights are usually the best to catch you folks.

I'm eager to learn more about the game, and play a few lower point games to get a feel for things.
A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »
Hoping to get a game , or two in on Thursday night. Khador. 35points. No all models are finished yet, but getting there now that I have use of my hand again. Ian  and guys you gonna be there in Ablington?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~