Author Topic: Some Warmachine Newb Questions  (Read 1370 times)

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
Some Warmachine Newb Questions
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
I am just getting into Warmachine and starting Retribution. Please keep in mind I literally know nothing about it. I have been playing around with some lists and I like what I am hearing about Dyscordia (sp?) but the jack is not in my Retribution book and apparently not in Army Builder. Is this unit new? Which book is it in? Also how often is AB updated usually for new stuff?

Stay tuned i am sure I will have more ?s

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Some Warmachine Newb Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
Discordia's entry will be in the upcoming Wrath expansion book. As of now, the rules are only available on her card. She is relatively new.

She is fantastic. Easily one of the best 'jacks Retribution has access to. I have the upgrade kit, so I'll bring the card in next Saturday. I actually don't need it anymore, so maybe we could trade.

I have no idea how often army builder is updated. I tend to use iBodger, but that doesn't have any rules info.
beep bop boop

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
Ok, gotcha; so everything in the book I purchased has everything current in it?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »
It probably has most things in it, yeah.  Discordia is available now, in theory.

I've heard that the new "Wrath" book is going to focus more on Retribution, which is both good and bad.  Good in the sense that the new faction gets fleshed out, but bad in the sense that people are going to want more Retribution models (which are by far the hardest to stock).

Man, I really hope I can get the models in with any sort of reliability.

Here's what they say about Wrath:

Fuel the Engines of War!

As the fury of war shatters the fragile peace following the events of WARMACHINE: Legends, the nations of the Iron Kingdoms prepare to unleash new weapons against their foes. While old grudges bring about new hostilities, a sinister force prepares to cast its shadow across all of Immoren as events unfold that will change the Iron Kingdoms forever! WARMACHINE: Wrath heralds the next exciting chapter of the WARMACHINE saga.

Lead the charge to war with:
• New troops to bring to the fight, including six new warcasters and the debut of the mighty battle engines.
• New narrative fiction, including compelling stories for each WARMACHINE faction.
• A painting and modeling guide to help you ready your forces for battle.
• New Theme Force lists for each new warcaster, which allow you to create armies based on specialized forces found in the WARMACHINE world.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »
ya sorry i got the Discordia upgrade in p vill