Author Topic: GM looking for work  (Read 3284 times)

Nate

GM looking for work
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »
I'm a very experienced GM looking to play or run a regular game. I loathe the min/max of the new D&D systems, but I'll GM 2nd edition AD&D.

I prefer Rolemaster for fantasy, but right now I'm dying to run a Battletech game. I've run multi-year games in:

• Battletech (3025 & the clan crap)
  • Rolemaster
  • AD&D
  • Shadowrun
  • Star Frontiers
  • Vampire (including the Providence LARP way back when)
  • GURPS
  • Twilight:2000
  • Cyberpunk

I GM for the long haul. If people are interested in a game, but don't know if the game is for them, then I'll whip up some scenarios for a night of fun.

WARNING: I'm a strict GM when it come to character creation, but the reason is I want characters that are more than hack and slash cannon fodder that are balanced in the world. Characters that have useful skills outside of combat, that interact with the outside world.

A good example is when I ran a D&D game where the players bitched and moaned about min/maxing their characters so much that I let them. They all died tragically in a snowstorm I warned them about via an NPC. The mage was too cold to memorize burning hands from his book. The "ranger" never took any wilderness survival. No one was human so they didn't have any torches or flint 'n' steel because they all had infravision. No one brought a tent or bedroll. After they tweaked their characters and started over, the game lasted for two years, and was a ton of fun.

I'd also be interested in playing if any games are running. I can min/max with the best of them, but I prefer slightly wacky, yet competent characters. One of my favorites was "H8" - A Troll Decker who always carried  a Goodyear (tm) Inflatable Doll for Trog Pleasure with him. Another character was  "Scooter" a teen Nosferatu with the merit of extra skin between his legs and arms he could glide with. The storyteller hated that character because I was always getting the dirt on the Prince and Primogen.

I'm free To run a game any night but Fri/Sat. I'll swing by the boardgame night soon, as I love to play those too. If you have questions lemme know.

-Nate

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: GM looking for work
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Which location were you looking to run games at, Nate?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Nate

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »
Plainville...

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
good god I loved Cyber Punk when I had an opritunity to play it.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:27:31 PM »
if you could get some more people id be down for a long term ad&d campaign at plainville, and I LOVE the fact you said 2nd edition... because that's all I know lol. I used to play 2nd a lot in high school and then again when I was stationed in phoenix but around 2001-2002 they started coming out with 3rd which we refused to switch over to, haven't played now in 8 or 9 years and I saw they are on 4th or 4.5 or something now and I was starting to worry that my several dozen 2nd edition books would never get used again lol

Anywho, like I said if we can get a few more people interested ill give it a go

-jason

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
If you can make it to abington at all.   Every 3rd Monday we have a battletech Merc campaign running for over a year now if you want to check it out
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Torvald

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
I would play Cyberpunk in a heartbeat.

AkriRahm

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 12:01:16 PM »
have you heard of Scion??? if you had access to the books would you be willing to run it???
I own all the books and am trying to get a game together for plainevill