Author Topic: LFR at Battlegrounds  (Read 1877 times)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
LFR at Battlegrounds
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »
So, now that LFR has been in full swing for a few months, when do you think we'll be able to start running games at the store?

I know this is more of a question for Derek, Chase, and Beth, but once things start getting into swing, I think we ought to begin planning with how the musters will work for each game night.

I've played some of the mod's recently, and can say firsthand that they're each fun in their own ways, with plenty of mixed challenges for any sort of party, balanced or otherwise.  I'd be more than willing also to help with DM'ing when the time comes as well.

I know running LFR has been a thought in process, but I just thought I'd try to help speed things along a bit.  If there's anything I can do to help with this process though, then by all means, please let me know.

~Ben
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: LFR at Battlegrounds
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:18:19 AM »
Soon, my friend.

Derek and I talked about this a bit tonight.  It looks like October will be the month it all starts.  It seems really easy to set up dates for the LFR stuff.

We will alternate between the new "Dungeon Delve" format WotC has and LFR mods.  The first 4 Mondays of each month will have some D&D event scheduled starting probably in November.

More details will come soon, maybe tomorrow even.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: LFR at Battlegrounds
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »
I just sent an email out to DCI regarding a couple of questions I had about sanctioning LFR events at the store.

Basically, I don’t want to end up setting it up such that I have to run each event every week of every month.  I’d prefer it to be open ended so that I can run one, Derek can run one, Ben can run one if he’d like, Drew can if he’d like, Josh can, etc. etc.

Once I have those answers I will post some details about LFR, the Delves, and when each will be in October.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel