Author Topic: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda  (Read 83198 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46:30 AM »
What weapon choices are good depends a lot on what Jon throws at us.  Normally there's a ton of regular zombies.  As you might figure, guns aren't great at killing zombies... unless you blow their head off.  Problem is... none of us are great at doing that.

If your goal is to slaughter endless amounts of normal zombies, dual wield swords.  You'll DEFINITELY kill a ton of them....

...But there's going to be more than just zombies.  And sometimes the "big guns" are required to deal with that stuff.  Sometimes doors need giant holes in them.  Sometimes barrels NEED to blow up to save our asses.  Sometimes giant zombie ogres show up and eat the sword wielders.  Swords can't really work well on that sort of stuff unless you're looking to die for the cause, and people WILL die for the cause (by choice or not).

If you want the highest kill count, go with two swords.  If you want to be forced to get creative, do something else.  It's going to be fun no matter what.

I will be using a heavy stubber.  Hopefully I don't run out of ammo in the first few rounds as usual.  Although the barrel of the gun makes a decent club.  :)

(Seriously though, we're gonna need people with two swords.  They shred zombies, tank, and kill for the rest of us when we're trying to figure out WTF to do so we can make it out alive... which most of us fail to do anyway.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:48:57 AM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »
Models can be armed with weapons chosen from the Hand-to-hand, Pistols and Basic weapons lists.
Are we allowed to choose for our characters just one weapon overall, one weapon from each category, or some other combination?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure we can take "whatever is reasonable."

I know dudes with 2x Swords were also able to take a Las Pistol or something like that.

I think I end up taking a Heavy Stubber and a Las Pistol.

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
Totally in for this tomorrow night!

I found my old decked to the teeth Necromunda model, so that'll be fun!

I'm a little torn on weapons / skills though... tough choices for initial setup.

I think this was kind of asked earlier, but do we have to spend points on weapons?  If not, I think I've got a good idea on equipment for myself.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
What are our limitations for equipment? If someone can take two swords and a pistol can I take two pistols and a sword with the appropriate skill?
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
do we have to spend points on weapons?  If not, I think I've got a good idea on equipment for myself.

Yeah.  If you want a Heavy Weapon you need to spend a point on the appropriate skill.  If you want a Special Weapon you need to spend a point on the appropriate skill.

(If I remember correctly.)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2011, 01:18:07 PM »
What are our limitations for equipment? If someone can take two swords and a pistol can I take two pistols and a sword with the appropriate skill?

The limitations are, "This is for fun, don't be 'that guy'" and "Is it reasonable that a dude would be able to carry that while fleeing in terror from a giant swarm of zombies?".

Two pistols and a sword seems perfectly fine.  I'm pretty sure Jon isn't going to have a problem with that at all.

What is not fine:  A Special Weapon, a Heavy Weapon, two swords, two pistols.

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »

Thanks, Chase, for fielding those questions.  I will have a card for each of the players to fill in with your character stat line, skills and weapons.

I will go over some of the basic "allowable" weapon configurations tomorrow night.  You don't need a character already made, just an idea of what you want.  It doesn't take long at all to make a character, most of the players at the last game made their character right before play started.

See you all tomorrow night.

John

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
Somebody take pics for those of us that are stuck working!

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

Could I ask someone to print up a few copies of the rules set for ZC7 for tomorrow night... that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,  John

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
I'll print whatever you want, Jon.

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #311 on: October 26, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

Thankyou Chase.  See you tonight.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #312 on: October 26, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
I cant wait i just finished painted my fid

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #313 on: October 26, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
I'll be there, brought two of my good old Necro models for it.  Hopefully I can be there on time... I might be closer to the 7pm time however.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »
I'll be there, brought two of my good old Necro models for it.  Hopefully I can be there on time... I might be closer to the 7pm time however.
Reinforcements!