Author Topic: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda  (Read 82583 times)

Commissar Grey

• God
Re: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda Wednesday (29OCT08)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 07:41:14 PM »

Cary,
   Nobody used a flamer the last game.  A flamer requires an ammo test roll of 4+ every time it is fired; I think that's why it wasn't used.  Usually you need an ammo test when you roll a 6 to hit.

John

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 12:53:38 AM »
whats the profile and rules for the zombies we'll be fighting?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Hierophant

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Gaming since 1978
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »
John,  I've got bad, unbelievable, news.  I won't be able to make it tomorrow :(

My lame excuse is that I was in a bit of a motorcycle accident Thursday and have kinda crushed my lower left leg.  I'm totally bummed I was really looking forward to it.

Looks like all gaming is gonna be on hold for a bit though...I'll live vicariously through you guys.

"Oooh, it looks like the Russians are burning"
   -- Chase

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
     -- Winston Churchill

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
ouch and good thing you are still around man, get better soon

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »

Sorry to hear, Adrian.  Hope for a speedy recovery.

Paul, the stats for the Zombies are:

M   WS   BS   S   T   W   I   A   Ld
  2d6   2     0    3   3    1   1   1    5

No Pain.   Ignore being pinned and not affected by flesh wounds.
No Fear.  Ignore Psychology rules.
Plague!   Any model wounded by Zombie may contract the disease!

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »

So.....are you ready??

Barengor

• Paragon Tier Level 13
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
Gahris(My Gangers Name)...loads another shell into his shotgun as he peers out into the gloom..."This is going to be one hell of a night"...mutering he steps off into the gathering mists. The shadows of his fellow gangers fall in to a pack arround each other. 8 Figures in the dark, "Thats funny I only thought there where 5 of us mused Gahris.

Cant wait John whats the official kick off time? So I can get there a bit early to help set up if needed?

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

I'm planning for a 6:30-7:00 start.  I'm planning on a 5:30 arrival to set up the table.  See you there.  Also, could you bring your zombies just in case I need them.
  Could someone print a copy of the Part II Character Build list.  Thanks.

John

Barengor

• Paragon Tier Level 13
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
 >:(
Been searching the basement. Cant find my zombies, since I cant find my Scavy Gang. I did find a ratskin figure Ill bring for a ganger if you dont like the other one I modelled. Started painting it but no more time to spend doing that today. See you at 530pm.

Cary

Didnt their used to be a pistolier skill for dual weilding pistols?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »
My guy recently got smoked.  I ended up killing only 3 zombies...

I went with the Heavy Weapons guy this time around.  He was much less effective than the dual sword wielding ass-beater I played in October.  This was due largely in part to the fact that I ran out of Heavy Stubber ammo in ROUND 1... after failing to even HIT a zombie!

On the plus side...  I did manage to escape certain death a few times.  I was given a Melta Gun in hopes that I could, well, melt some zombies and make up for the fact that my muscle-bound meat head left all his ammo at home.  However, like I said before... my character is a *HEAVY* weapons guy, not a SPECIAL weapons guy.  He had no idea how to fire the Melta Gun.  Fortunately for Bam Bam (that's the name I've decided to give the character just now) the Melta Gun turned out to be a very handy zombie bashing item.  Despite not shooting and not gearing himself up with a melee weapon, Bam Bam was able to thump a few zombies to death and made one hell of a last stand.

He was SOOO close to jumping down one of the rabbit holes to safety!

Until next time.... :)

Thanks again, John, for running such an awesome event.  I think I speak for all 15 of us (or however many there were) when I say it was a ton of fun.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:48:49 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »
MOVED FRom Wrong thread!
 Ok the Zombie Crawl last night was really fun. John was creative and ran it pretty tight. Those that weren't there missed the chance to fight skaven bunnies. Pictures of the bunnies should be put up, nice conversion job.
 I didn't get to fight said bunnies, due to too much stones and not enough smarts. I showed up late and just went for the fight. I managed to kill afew to let my comrades get away. Just call me the red shirt in Star Trek. The zombies ended up eating my brains.
 There were 5 survivers out of the 15? of us that started though. Chase managed to get 4 kills without a melee weapon, or being able to shoot anything. He had a weapon problem before I got there. Unreal dice rolling there Chase.
 Cary and his band of merry misfits pulled up the only ladder over the wall seperating the zombies and the killer bunnies. This stranded 4 players on the side with the zombies.
 Cookie being one of those left behind choose to take on all comers and at one point had every zombie on the board in base contact with him and afew others crawling over each other to eat him. As he fell, after many rounds of combat, he voded revenge on those that lifted the ladder.
 Two players managed to crawl under the wall to get away from the zombies, but one died down a pit trap underneath. The other popped out of the rabbit hole and wondered where everyone went. He saw a chance to run for it and managed to get to the exit.
 Steve saw big shinny things and of course had to go get them. This triggered the more ninja rabbits to come out of the holes and attack. He recived the Kill Da Rabbit Award for most bunny kills, but was struck down by a magic spear through the chest, which of course was modeled too. Again nice job John.
 I had fun and would love to take part in what is brewing for October's Zombie Crawl which is already in the planning stages. 

P.S.  The flamer thrower as a weapon sucked. haha. I managed to catch only one zombie on fire and it went out before the round was even over. Grr.

For fun here a zombie related youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:55:04 PM by Warpedfuzz »
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

The sounds of shuffling feet and occasional raspy moan, the smell of rotten flesh and the slow movement of shadowy figures lets you konw that you are not alone in the darkness!!  :o

Them suckers wern't all that slow moving. haha. Matter of fact I saw movement of 12 several times.  :-\
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Barengor

• Paragon Tier Level 13
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »
The Band of Merry Misfits:

Dont confuse cruelty with stratgey...Object of the scenario being escape. I would look to the leadership of the Fellowship who infact pulled the ladder with his crew in tow.
"I dont have to out run the zombies, I just have to outrun you." -Anonymous
Point of note: 2 out of 3 of the Merry misfits made it out alive.
Alliance with the Fellowship and using our scouting skills on the field rather than misguided bravery in the face of overwhelming odds allowed the chance for life. Hats off to Gandalf and crew, if not for the greed of said Bunny killer, we would have all made a clean get away with the 9 who made it over the wall with the ladder.

All in all awesome game cant wait to see the challenges the next scenario will create.

brennanpjbren

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
Thank you John,  much fun.  Learned new  meaning to "Know when to walk away,  Know when to run!!"   ;D

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
  I would like to thank all of you who participated in last night's game.  I was surprised by the turnout!  I also have to apologize for the confusion with the ninja and shaman bunnies; I left their rules on my desk at home and was running them from memory.  I'll be working on getting the pictures from both games posted as soon as I can.

Thanks again and I hope you all had fun.  I did!!

John
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:08:37 PM by Commissar Grey »