Author Topic: Experimental list for D'elyse  (Read 1263 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Experimental list for D'elyse
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
So, with my Shae pirates army nearing completion, i find myself looking to start another caster, and after reading ashlynn's stats, i had an idea. her it is at 15 points

D'elyse

nomad

vanguard

6x steel head halberdiers

rogue alchemist

first mate hawk

anastsia di bray

this list is basically an assasination list that works to deliver ashlynn right to the enemy warcaster and make her next to immune to fire or getting assaulted.

the vanguard, hawk, rogue alchemist, and di bray all set up almost touching ahslynn, with her and the vanguard in the front. if the enemy is a very shooty type, (like caine or sloan), delyse advances with quicken upon herself, and the alchemist's smoke bomb centered on this group. She is now def 21, and if one really powerful shot does get through (im looking at you here sloan) i can sink it into the vanguard. the nomad and steel heads are basically a distraction/ crowd control, although i have noticed that with her feat, and espionage in effect, they can actually hit pretty hard. I have had this list walk straight into a sloan gun line, and while most of the army bit the dust, delyse was delivered with hawk right in front of sloan. (ended predictably).

This is my first attempt with her, but i find her feat matched with di brays espionage can be just brutal. any thoughts?

Tau theme song, "jump around"

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Experimental list for D'elyse
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
I would strongly consider Horgenhold Forgeguard over Steelheads with Ashy. Her feat and quicken work very well with her. It may be a problem fitting a unit in at 15 points, though.

beep bop boop

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Re: Experimental list for D'elyse
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
thanks for the reply! And yeah, the forge guard are good, but the steel heads are cheap! Maybe in bigger points i would get them, but at this point level, i want to have a good number of models on the board with reach to take advantage of espionage from di bray. and her feat makes up for the rather meh mat. But thanks, i will definitely put in some forge guard at higher points.
Tau theme song, "jump around"