Author Topic: liquid GS and forgeworld  (Read 1706 times)

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
liquid GS and forgeworld
« on: October 18, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
so i'm trying to fill the gaps on my forgeworld keeper of secrets so i can get to painting her but regular greenstuff is a little to clunky in my awkward hands. anyone have any experience with the liquid stuff? how does it do filling those obnoxious resin gaps?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: liquid GS and forgeworld
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:40 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has experience with the liquid green stuff too. I noticed it on the shelf tonight, and am quite intrigued.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:50:52 PM »
I should have some hitting my door step tomorrow, picked some up to get free shipping. I will let you know.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »
I used it to fill some metal model gaps. You can use it heavy to fill the gap and then smooth it out. I did it and have since primed and painted. It looks good.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Have you tried watering it down? If so, does it help it flow into the cracks or just make a mess and lose most of it's gap filling ability?

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »
So I received my liquid GS yesterday and tried it out on my Tomb King Coversion filling a large gap on his cloak and filling and blending a mask on his face. This stuff is amazing. I used a brush and literally just painted where I wanted the gaps to disappear, cleaned the brush and smoothed out.

I tried watering it down and it did not work that great. To water down it seems you need a decent size puddle of it and an agitator lol.

So all in all, amazing for filling gaps large and small. Don't leave the cap open and clean your brush very well. I am going to experiment with using tin foil to form a cloak and brush this stuff on. I wil let you know how that goes.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
awesome, the FW keeper has some nasty gaps in her neck and arms and filling with regular GS just looks heinous. thanks for the info Bill, i'm going to pick some up and give it a go asap. and put picks of that cloak up when you finish, i'm sick of using cloaks from the marauder kit lol.