Author Topic: Where to from here?  (Read 1204 times)

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Where to from here?
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »
Rather than bring my old thread back from the dead, I decided to just start a new one.

I've actually finished building everything that I have for Skaven so far, so I'm wondering what thoughts / suggestions anyone might have for what to get next or where to go from here... or if more is even really needed.

Lords / Heroes:
1 Grey Seer
1 Plague Priest
1 Warlord
1 Chieftain
2 Warlock Engineers
2 Assassins
Ikit Claw
Deathmaster Snikch

Core:
30 Clanrats with Hand Weapon and Shield
30 Clanrats with Hand Weapon and Shield
40 Clanrats with Hand Weapon and Shield
36 Stormvermin with Halberd and Shield
1 Ratling Gun Weapon Team
1 Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team
4 Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Teams

Special:
6 Rat Ogres with 3 Packmasters
6 Giant Rats with 1 Packmaster
2 Master Moulders
36 Plague Monks
6 Warplock Jezzails

Rare:
1 Doomwheel
1 Warp Lightning Cannon
1 Hell Pit Abomination

Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated!  Well, except for "Do something other than Skaven"... I'd prefer to avoid that.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Where to from here?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:10:49 PM »
From a competitive standpoint, you could use more slaves, gutter runners, and giant rats w/ packmasters

Edit: and maybe double up on a rare or two
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:52:46 PM by brother_maynard »

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »
I hadn't looked into gutter runners yet, but I do understand their utility.

I wasn't really aware that the Giant Rat packs were really all that useful / effective?  I've got a bunch of the spare larger rat models that I haven't put on bases yet just because I thought they were fairly ineffective... how do they normally get used?
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:27 PM »
In units of 5 rats with a packmaster. They are used to gain tactical advantages, like if i'm about to charge your plague furnace for example. You only get to swing the wrecking ball in your turn, so it is a massive disadvantage if I charge your monks. You can position a rat pack in front of my unit to block my charge into the furnace, allowing me to kill it and overrun into the monk unit to ensure that the combat is fought in your turn. In advanced usage, the principle remains the same but you can change the angle that the blocking unit is facing to gain further tactical advantages.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:01:48 PM by brother_maynard »

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
That is an assload of rats.. bless you sir for gluing and painting all those little bastards. If you ever want to get a game in letme know, I play WOC so you will probably outnumber me 10 to 1. Or even better if you wanna play a doubles I would be honored to fight alongside those fuzzy gribblies  ;D

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:02 AM »
Oh, they're not all painted yet, not even close haha... but they are all built and ready to stab things.

Or each other... both seem equally likely.