Author Topic: The NEXT tournament???  (Read 3955 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: The NEXT tournament???
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Your second list has no anti-tank or anti-vehicle in it your going to be hard pressed against rhinos and razorbacks nvm a land raider or monolith. If you really want to use Khan drop the attack bike into a regular bike put a melta in each squad use outflanking and your speed to get into melta.range and then assault into the squad inside.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
I agree with 1 HQ and 1 Troop mandatory.

Needing to take 2 troops can make it difficult for certain codexes to take anything more than 1 hq and 2 troops

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
Yeah, 1 HQ, 1 troop, and an optional single choice of everything else.  That was how the Trios tournament was, right?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »
Ah, cool... as someone who has never played bikes, I didn't even realize you could do that with the capt on bike.  I like that alot!   And it's got character, too, like a Hell's Angels chapter.  As an aside, do those bikes also take a fast attack slot?  I know when Dark Angels do that with Samael, they are both troop and fast attack, right?  How does it read in the SM codex?

Just might be important under a joint FOC... and my codex is at home.  Not that I would ever sit at work thinking about 500 pt lists... no, never  :D

Space Marine Codex:

Mounted Assault: If a Space Marine Captain takes a bike he may take Bike Squads of at least 5 models as troop choices.

So you can take them as Fast Attack if you want a smaller bike unit additionally.

I agree with 1 HQ and 1 Troop mandatory.

Needing to take 2 troops can make it difficult for certain codexes to take anything more than 1 hq and 2 troops

I feel this will be the way of Cheese and I feel every codex outside of a couple can make competent 500 point lists even for doubles.

Yeah, 1 HQ, 1 troop, and an optional single choice of everything else.  That was how the Trios tournament was, right?

The reason for this in the Trios was because your shuffling 3 lists around and it would have been more of a headache for Sam (God Bless his Soul) to look at 6 lists then have to shuffle and combine each of the 1000 point lists to make sure those were legal in every game with floating choices.

I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
You say more cheese, I say more variation.

Besides, there were some cheesy lists at the last 500 point event.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
Yup.....I took 2, cout'em TWO, hammerheads in that 500 pt list. 

Really, people will be able to cheese out no matter what you do.  I think the reason to have only one troop choice is fairly simple....it let's you have more fun.  A lot of codexes will be fairly limited in what they will be able to do in 500 pts if forced to take two Troops choices.  IN the one 500 pt game we did I think that was kinda the point, and it was fun, but in a doubles it should be much more about the matchup. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 05:30:18 PM »
Yes, fun.  In my particular case it will probably mean the difference between starting a new army now and not.  I just can't get excited about bringing an army that gives me no choice about what to bring (it only has one troop choice with min squad size of 10).
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 01:12:22 AM »
Okay, so the 500 fire has been stoked again. Time to revive the thread that started it all.

http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3608.0

Many of you new to Battleground will find the thread worth your time, to see how the idea grew organically. Some ideas worked, some didn't.

King of the Elves

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »
Hey what should i pick the deathstrike launcher that can have a 4-6 inch blast but only 1 shot or the manticore launcher where it has a large blast but with 4 rockets? Any help from anyone would be awasome

Torvald

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
I will be looking for a partner for this

I can either bring Dark Eldar or Space Marines

KestrelM1

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »
Hey what should i pick the deathstrike launcher that can have a 4-6 inch blast but only 1 shot or the manticore launcher where it has a large blast but with 4 rockets? Any help from anyone would be awasome

You should probably lean toward the Manticore. As devastating as the Deathstrike is, it's one of the most unreliable pieces in the game - you can't even fire the missile most of the time :P

andalucien

• God
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
OK.  2 questions, I'm always trying to get more info.  Definitely.  Definitely more info.

1.  Any idea of the date of this tournament?
2.  This might sound silly, but is ForgeWorld going to be allowed?  Would be cool to run a Repressor instead of a rhino for me sisters.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
OK.  2 questions, I'm always trying to get more info.  Definitely.  Definitely more info.

1.  Any idea of the date of this tournament?
2.  This might sound silly, but is ForgeWorld going to be allowed?  Would be cool to run a Repressor instead of a rhino for me sisters.
1. Most likely your going to see the post about it this week or next.
2.not really a silly question but I don't see forgeworld being allowed cause this will be part of the battlegrounds qualifier set of tournaments.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
1. Most likely your going to see the post about it this week or next.
2.not really a silly question but I don't see forgeworld being allowed cause this will be part of the battlegrounds qualifier set of tournaments.

This.

Gimme some time to the store back to normal after PAX, take a deep breath, and get back to the normal grind.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Gimme some time to the store back to normal after PAX, take a deep breath, and get back to the normal grind.
That's what I was figuring, because we should chat.