Author Topic: 35 pt. Steamroller for Colonial. (lists)  (Read 1311 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
35 pt. Steamroller for Colonial. (lists)
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
So I am going down to the Colonial GT for some Warhammer Fantasy action, but they have a friday night steam roller, (and WM/H events all weekend).

I am planning on doing this, though thinking about lists.

First, would be my usual Mohsar list.

Mohsar
-Gorax
-Stalker
-Megalith
Min tharn blood trackers
Farrow Slaughterhousers
Blackclad wayfarer
2 x gallows groves.

Second, I was thinking about Morvhanna

Morvhanna
-Getto-rix
Max Bloodtrackers
-Nuala
2x gallows groves
Druids
-overseer
shifting stones
-stone keeper
slaughterhousers

* note on list 2 is to drop slaughterhousers and one grove for blood weavers and a blackclad.

Any thoughts? an alternate list 2 would be Ebaulder

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: 35 pt. Steamroller for Colonial. (lists)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
I don't know enough about Mohsar to state anything with any real authority so I'll mostly comment on Morvahna. I am curious about the Slaughterhousers though. Are there any good interactions in each list? Can they get Mirage and Restoration and whatnot?

For list 2:

- You might want to throw a light beast in there. I know she's not a front line caster and has Harrow and Sac-Pawn, but I'm just thinking in the name of preserving Ghetorix. BTW I like that he's in here.

- I know you can't fit everything into a list, but why no LotF? He's good on feat turn and gives you a pretty dynamic assassination vector.

- I think I like the idea of Bloodweavers more than Slaughterhousers here. I think I like the utility of the weavers better.

- I think she could do with a single grove just to help her juggle spells as needed. I also think Nuala is something you could afford to lose if you wanted to upgrade elsewhere. Reform and Quickwork are cool, but not cool enough to be an auto-include IMO.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
Slaughterhousers are absolutely awesome with Mohsar.  With Sunhammer, I can ensure that all beasts/jacks are damaged when the slaughers go in.   Also, they RFP, which is big against Asphixious and anyone who collects souls. (mirage can be cast on them, they just cannot be used for sands of fate.)

Not sure they would be great with morvhanna, but I just want to make sure I have something that can deal out punishment.  Bloodweavers are also great, and are more self sufficent.   I agree about the single grove with her, I just had 1 point left.  I do like the addition of a blackclad.

Also, as far as Nuala,  Having quickwork makes the unit much, much better on Morvhanna feat turn,  Charge, kill a target, throw a jav, reform back behind the forest you jsut made.

another Idea I had for list 2 was

eBaldur
-Megalith
-Ghetorix
-Woldgaurdian
Celestial Fulcrum.   done!  (in this case I would drop Megalith from the Mohsar list and add a regular woldwarden, maybe drop the blackclad for LoTF

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
That eBaldur list is pretty whacky. I guess I would worry about a lack of utility in that list (Shifting Stones, Druids, Black Clad, etc).