Author Topic: GWs textured paints  (Read 2051 times)

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
GWs textured paints
« on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
Just wow.  I'm really loving them, they flow on really easy, which is surprizing with how thick they look.  Just did the bases on 4 models, used Lustrian undergrowth and when that dried I used a quick coat of Armageddon Dust and the look is amazing!

King of the Elves

Re: GWs textured paints
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 02:44:09 PM »
i based 25 guardsmen in about half an hour, finally GW something that is both worth buying & worth the money!

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
I saw this stuff being applied to some Epic minis and it looked BAD. the texture was not covering the base it was like lines of sand. Im still going to sand my bases, ink em and paint them. This texture stuff doesnt looks as promissing as the Citadel Air Brush

King of the Elves

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
I saw this stuff being applied to some Epic minis

That is why, the texture is ment (mainly) for non epic/ warmaster minis. Also try sanding, inking, and painting 75 guardsmen, it's a pain! With the textured paints i got done 25 in 1/2 hour. But, that's whats fun about modeling/ painting everyone has thier own approach to things.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
I know I'm weird, but I really like making bases. I enjoy making cool looking bases as much as painting the minis.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
The people that buy paints and supplies in Plainville pretty much unanimously agree that the new paints are all awesome.

We BLAZE through paint.  People love the new stuff.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
I'm really happy with all the new paints I have. I might even go pick more up today.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »
I dont like the texture paints but I like the new stuff. Especily GW making a convient conversion chart for the old line to the new line so im not high and dry when im in the middle of a project. I also like the articles Gw releases showing which shade was used, what method, and what kind of brush even air brush. I want to get some of the new SM skimmers but I dont want to constantly be changing propellent cans when using an air brush. good think I hear the air brush is compatible with small compressors up to 40 psi.