Author Topic: 6th Ed Rumours  (Read 1583 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
6th Ed Rumours
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:47 AM »
Beast Of War and I am late on this has said 6th ed is hitting July 7th.

Anyone got any interesting rumours on 6th Edition will be different from current edition.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

King of the Elves

Re: 6th Ed Rumours
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »
2 Things:

They are going to take in movement like they have in WHFB

and, also like WHFB they are going to take on percents for example: you can only have HQs be 25% of your army. Those are just what I think

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »
I heard of stuff like that.

Other things include Wound Allocation which is that wounds must be allocated to models closest to the squad firing at them. Templates I think are going to be something like Wounds Must be on the models they hit. If they are going the route of where bullets are from a Blast Template wouldn't make sense to hit the back of the squad and the front take it.

Stand and Fire: Assaulting a Squad will allow the squad to shoot back with certain types of weapons but only hit on a 6. This may be limited to Pistols and Assault weapons only and grenades may nullify it.

Random Game Length will be gone for a majority of missions in the book and they have a mission generator system to generate a lot more missions.

Flyers are going to have special rules giving them benefits against ground Squads whether it be a type of save or a negative to the vehicle chart.

Independent Characters that are being Charged by a unit with an attached IC can challenge the Independent character to a duel moving them to base to base if he accepts. If the IC refuses he is moved into the back of combat of his squad.

I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

King of the Elves

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:16:31 AM »
I also (hope) that because of the new SM, Necron, and Ork flyers that all "planes" (Stormraven and the IG flyer included) will get a flying rule much like in megabattles. Having them as skimmers just doesnt make sence, eldar jetbikes skim around the battlefield, planes fly. Of course having a flying rule means that if it is shot down, it would be like a tank blowing up, having the area it took up be diffucult terrain and every model in reach taking some sort of damage. But one can only hope.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »
I heard it will be an excuse to jump the prices AGAIN   >:(
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 02:50:17 AM »
All the new Flyers are counted as being Fast Skimmers atm and I doubt they would print all the rules in WD to FAQ a month after so may be something in WD that may hint at how they will handle it.

Aerial Assault and Supersonic are key words not on the Stormraven in GKs that we need to look at.

Both are hinted at movement and evasion.

Aerial Assault from what I heard grants a 12" movement and normal fire of weapons.
Supersonic is supposed to be like Turbo-boosting and moving of 36".

But we will know Tomorrow when the new WD comes out.

Yes and surprisingly the New Flyers will be cheaper than a Tank.
I heard it will be an excuse to jump the prices AGAIN   >:(

King of the Elves

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »
Yes and surprisingly the New Flyers will be cheaper than a Tank.

Ok it's official, GW is on crack. Having the new flyers being cheaper than 50 bucks (the price of a IG tank) and having pretty much the same model (stormraven) going over $80 is just stupid. If I played GK i would just paint the new SM flyer grey and call it a stormraven.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:05 AM »
I have been told by my GW rep:

"I promise, I do not know when 6th ed is going to be released.  It's not a situation where I'm just telling you that.  We really don't know.  Don't expect any more time than normal (2 weeks) to prepare for it's arrival and I wouldn't buy into any of the rumors."

I'm buying into the rumors.

In other news... If it drops the weekend of July 7th it will go on sale the same weekend as the Magic 2013 Core Set's Prerelease.  That day could be interesting...
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
 Along with 6th ed, I'm looking to see what the new starter set is going to be. I have seen elseware that they are thinking of having Blood Angels vs. Necrons for the starter set. In my opinion I think they are going to have the "classic" Orks vs. SM. The most popular order force vs fairly popular disorder force. What I think would be cool is Space Marines vs. Chaos Space Marines. But we will see, and as for this:

In other news... If it drops the weekend of July 7th it will go on sale the same weekend as the Magic 2013 Core Set's Prerelease.  That day could be interesting...

That... will be a fun weekend  ;D

EDIT:  What GW said to Chase about 6th ed makes perfect business sence. GW main goal is to make money before anything else, now with the main rulebook costing like $75 and the AoBR set costing $100 each week GW makes a ton of money on just those 2 products. On another gaming forum (dakkadakka) a former GW retail store employee said that thier goal was to sell 4 AoBR sets a week and that they met thier goal most of the time. Now let's say that GW said when 6th ed is going to drop a month ahead of time, just in that 1 GW retail store they would loose $1200 just from not selling AoBR sets because who wants to spend all that money when the rulebook is not going to be any good in 1 month? Now think of the money they would loose worldwide just on AoBR sets and then factor in the big red book sales. So what GW is doing makes perferct business sence.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:29:56 PM by King of the Elves »

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
I have been told by my GW rep:

"I promise, I do not know when 6th ed is going to be released.  It's not a situation where I'm just telling you that.  We really don't know.  Don't expect any more time than normal (2 weeks) to prepare for it's arrival and I wouldn't buy into any of the rumors."

I'm buying into the rumors.

1)  This no news more than 2 weeks rule is ffffing stupid.

2) I happen to love my 5th ed collectors book.  (I call it The Tome)  Last time, people were preordering that months ahead of time.  How do they plan to make that work?

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
How did they do it last time, book/rules first then a month or two later, starter sets, or the other way around?  I think they are rumored to be going book/rules in July (and I bet the 2 week rule will go by the wayside, at least a month of hype... if only to soften the grumbling from price increases), and the starter set being in Sept.

I also heard (warseer) that it is Chaos marines and Dark Angels, for what it's worth...

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »
Beasts of War stated that its looks like Dark Angels vs Chaos Marines but that Belial would be the HQ for the Dark Angels leading to a possible Deathwing Army for the Dark Angels side.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
With the new paint kit being Dark Angels, I think DA in the 6th starter is a given.  Chaos Space Marines is the rumour that I have been hearing most (with a small outside chance of Tau and Eldar being thrown around).

A side note, anyone that picks up the 6th starter set and doesn't want the DAs, I will be willing to trade the non-DA side from mine for your DAs.  Heck, I will be looking to dump off the tac marines and captain from AoBR
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
So what GW is doing makes perferct business sence.
That statement is never true.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »
so early july is
New core set......
new warmachine book and models......
maybe new 40k 6 ed?....

3 major companies doing three releases within days of each other I would love the chaos for the store's sales in july. Awesome i say