Author Topic: Rhys builds a bloodthirster...  (Read 2211 times)

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Rhys builds a bloodthirster...
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
so in order to run my latest standard of chaos glory/ bloodthirster list idea, i sort of need a bloodthirster. that old wreck from the early nineties will never do so i ordered the FW khorne daemon prince and some DE black dragon wings to get started. i did this because a ) i have a soft spot for big, beautiful resin greater daemon models, and b ) because i have zero originality.

the whole purpose of this thread is to keep me on track to completing the project, as i'll be forced to do stuff in order to maintain updates ( and this will prevent the model from collecting dust for 18 mos like my FW kipper did).

i am also looking forward to modeling/painting feedback and suggestions as well, as i think we at BG have some of the most creative and talented hobbyists in the community, i'd love to hear your suggestions and/or ideas if you would care to share!

and so it begins...

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Rhys builds a bloodthirster...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
so i ordered a daemon prince, and in true FW fashion, they sent me a block of resin so i could carve my own  :D grabbed the hobby knife and tools and set to work, the pieces are soaking in dishwasher fluid and water to break up the mold release agent.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »
so i ordered a daemon prince, and in true FW fashion, they sent me a block of resin so i could carve my own  :D

Loved it.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
so its been way too humid to prime for the past week so he's just been sitting on my desk like this....

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:12:10 PM »
Here's the progress on Billy thus far, he's going to a tournament this weekend! Please excuse the phone pictures.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »
its about time that guy got painted! This might be some of your best work. The green is a great contrast to all the red.

Are you going to blend the colors on the wings?

Oh and the base looks great! Baking soda?

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:41:39 AM »
Yep the wings are getting blended, (you can see I've done half of the left one) and all of the metal is getting another 2 highlights.

For the base, I prefer woodland scenics snow flock because it looks fluffier and keeps its color longer than baking soda.