Author Topic: So how 'bout them tournaments...  (Read 4463 times)

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
So how 'bout them tournaments...
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:57:54 AM »
we had like 8 people sign up at the store, i say we should get the ball rolling.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:21:39 PM by Opforce3 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
Re: So how 'bout the tournaments...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »
Somone should post something on the Danger Planet Forum and see if any of them are willing to come down... just to add variety to the group.

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
Re: So how 'bout them tournaments...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
tournement...what?? when??

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:31:58 AM »
when you have read the rules and played a few normal games, then worry about tournaments.

...and hurry up so i can beat your undead ass.  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
im not ordering the Vampire Counts until my second pay check so like 5 more weeks (i get paid every 2 weeks) and i'll massacre any army your throw at me!  ;D ;

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »
normally i would be all set for the tournment because my normal way to go about starting an army is to buy everything i need at once (or very close to at once)  and then worry about assemblage and painting.... BUT this time i desided to buy a chunk and not gety any more untill i finish painting what i have [i know stupid me]  so i will not be ready for a tourney for some time
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »
well I would think a tourney would not me too high a point value.  If ya can field 2000, I think your good to go.

But sadly I remember derek saying that what with all the activity at the store in other areas the fantasy tourney kinda a took a back burner.  But if we knew for a fact that there would be a good showing of at leasy 8-10 people I would think he would be in.  I think the store list had a few names of people that were washy on showin based on the date

But I can ask whats free for a saturday and post some dates and we could get a list off that and work from there?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
ok how does everyone possible feel about trying to get a 2000 pt, minimum 8 person one going for the 16th of August.

Its far enough off the those with hectic schedules can organize something or give us dates that work for them.  The BG calander has the day free of other events and if we stamp it now we can avoid someone else taking up the space.

figure a $10 entry? Throw down your opinions.  I'm heading down to BG tonight for 4th ed, and I can ask Chase (if I don't see D) to check to make sure we can have the date.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »
Gencon is happening that week, assuming that people are going to that it might be a bad time

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »
Also 2250 seems to be the staple pt size for just about every fantasy tournament, it just works out better.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 01:21:53 AM »
Derek and I will both be at Gencon that weekend.  Hows the weekend after for you guys?  It's been a while since we've held a WHF tournament.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 01:40:50 AM »
yea derek told me about Gencon tonight.

so it will have to definately be delayed till mid-to-late august earliest.  At least if it is going to be store run, if not we are free to gather a group and play it out.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »
Me and another guy could probably make it if a more definate date was picked. Also I think it should be a team tourney  ;)