Author Topic: Armageddon: Order  (Read 16410 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Armageddon: Order
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2008, 02:23:31 PM »
How many are going to be fielding things capeable of killing super heavies efficently? We are going to be looking at 2 Uber Deamons, Stompas, Pylons, and a Tyrinid Bio Titan, oh my.

at least....
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »
ok new data sheet coming down the line for my "Thunderhawk Dropship Submarine type thing"

Ok so I am working n a "Subhawk" Transporter for my Aquatic Chapter... its named The Poseidon. I have a rough Data Sheet here for review and comments, I would love to get feed back on this..

The Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporter
Pts: 550
Front: 13
Side: 12
Rear: 10
BS: 04

Type: Super-Heavy Aquatic/Flyer, Orbital Lander

Structure Points: 3

Crew: 2. Space Marines

Weapon: The Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporter has Two twin-linked heavy bolters and Three twin-linked LasCannons.

All Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporters have a decoy flare launcher.

Options: A Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporter may carry up to six Hellstrike missiles / Torpedoes for +10 pts per missile.
Transport: A Poseidon "SubHawk"Transporter may carry four Dreadnoughts, four full marine squads or any variant there in.
( Vehicles and passengers must be paid for separately.)

SPECIAL RULES
Ceramite Shielding: In order to resist the heat of atmospheric entry a Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporter has thick ceramite shielding. This makes it resistant to melta (and melta-type) weapons. Melta weapons, including melta-bombs, never roll an extra dice for armour penetration due to being at half range.

Decoy Flares / Countermeasures: If the Poseidon "SubHawk" Transporter takes a glancing hit from enemy fire, then it may fire its decoy flares to re-roll the result. The second result must stand, even if it is better than the first. Decoy flares may only be used once per game.

Unloading Vehicles / Troops: Vehicles and Troops can disembark from the transporter very quickly. The Poseidon "SubHawk" transporter lands using the normal orbital lander rules.

Loading Vehicles: An empty transporter can pick up a vehicle by using the orbital lander rules to land on top of a vehicle. It must then spend a complete turn on the ground whilst the target vehicle or troops are loaded in each bay. When the transporter takes off it takes the vehicle (and any passengers) with it.

Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »
I don't get it...is it supposed to be a submarine? why would it have ceramite shielding in order to withstand the heat of reentry? And can lasers really fire underwater?

Mike

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
A thunderhawk transporter for 95 more points and you get to possibly dismiss a damage roll (like a venerable dread), gain two twin linked lascannons, gain AV 13 for the front (huge for a flyer) and incredible capacity for troops, better than either thunderhawks.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »
I don't get it...is it supposed to be a submarine? why would it have ceramite shielding in order to withstand the heat of reentry? And can lasers really fire underwater?

Yes its is supposed to be a submarine... the theme of my army is an aquatic space marine force... for table top reasons it has the same structure as a thunder hawk transporter and is basically one that is submersible. Anyway...lasers can fire underwater... most 40k weapons can i believe except for flamers.

A thunderhawk transporter for 95 more points and you get to possibly dismiss a damage roll (like a venerable dread), gain two twin linked lascannons, gain AV 13 for the front (huge for a flyer) and incredible capacity for troops, better than either thunderhawks.

I searched for Thunder hawk T point values and found a page saying 500. If that is wrong I can adjust the points. As far as armament its does have 3 twin las but 1 is fixed arc rear, and the other two are fixed arcs on the side and they don't even cover the whole side. (while both can shoot forward.) the Heavy Bolters would be 360. but that is why i posted it here... I need feedback to get this right.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »
thunderhawk transporter  455pt

Bs 4  Av: Front 12 Side 12 Rear 10

Structure points: 3

Transport: may carry 2 rhino sized vehicles, or 1 land raider sized vehicle.  These vehicles may contain passengers.

Weapons:
4 twin-linked heavy bolters
decoy launcher

Options: Ejector seats, flares or chaff launchers, armoured cockpit, illum flares, distinctive paint scheme or decals

The thunderhawk transporter may carry up to 6 Hellstrike missles for +10 pts per missile.

Special Rules:
Hover mode
Unloading Vehicles
Loading Vehicles
Ceramite Sheilding.

As per the Imperial Amour Apocalypse book.  IT WAS WORTH THE BUYS HAHAHAHa

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »

As per the Imperial Amour Apocalypse book.  IT WAS WORTH THE BUYS HAHAHAHa

This was worth the click.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
Ok so is "The Poseidon" ok?
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2009, 12:57:01 AM »
Joking aside, the AV 13 bugs me as does the reroll a damage result.  I fielded two flyers last year and they were alive the whole game.  Even the normal thunderhawk did.

Can it carry vehicles or only infantry and dreads?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
You guys are screwed:

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2009, 04:26:40 AM »
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... MANFRED ORKINGTON, ESQ.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »
Ok so lower the front armor... to 12 and yes it only carries troops and dreads... no room on this guy for vehicles.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com