Author Topic: Dual Battle Engines  (Read 964 times)

SpyBreaKer

• Email
Dual Battle Engines
« on: September 27, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
Hey All,

So far a lot about what I've read so far on various forums basically stating that battle engines aren't worth the points comparatively to other units available to a faction. However the FA is 2. I'm thinking this opens up for a different type of list, where I could run two battle engines in a 35point + list. Sure dealing with one is easy when you can focus all of your fire power on it in one round, however dealing with both will most certainly cause some issues, not to mention providing two 5" diameter models that block LOS. The idea is the other player will be really concerned with dealing with both, and completely taking focus off of the beasts accompanying the caster, freeing the beasts and the caster to take on targets of opportunity.

Anyone ever play dual battle engines, play against it or even heard of it?

Thanks~Ben

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Dual Battle Engines
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
There is a Cygnar list that gives you big buffs if you take 2.

If I ever get around to building my other stormstrider, I would certainly field two but the Cygnar one is just awesome without much support.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: Dual Battle Engines
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
Like anything its a mixed bag. I played in a doubles tournament and there was a team that had two Force Generators and two Storm Striders. They didn't do that well, because they went overboard and didn't bring enough pieces to compliment the battle engines. They had a very hard time with Stealth, high DEF and high ARM.

That said, I have run the eHaley Stormbringers Tier list that requires two Storm Striders and it is bonkers. The tier can give them advance move and they start the game with three power tokens. Its amazing.