Author Topic: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup  (Read 38346 times)

joebear

• Email
Re: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2013, 02:18:40 AM »
Whitepeak Warpdivers. Week 5. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Game 1 - Dan's Lizardmen - Win 2-1
Good: Absolutely amazing TDs in the first half. Dan had a TD that involved several dodges, a go for it, and a Stunty pass. The Warpdivers returned the favor with a pretty unlikely 2-turn score of their own.
Bad: William Taft. Bad troll was bad. Got smashed down pretty early and would also miss the following game.
Ugly: Turn 16 Krox failure. The Krox rolled double both down when the Skinks had a chance to score a TD that would have tied the game on the last turn (and probably would've outdone Dan's first TD in its ridiculous awesomeness.)

Game 2: Drew's Dorfs - Win 1-0
Good: 1-die blocks for both sides. 80% of the time, they worked every time.
Bad: The lone TD. I didn't earn it or deserve it. I made a positioning mistake on offense, which I simply could not afford in this match-up, and the first half was a jumble of dwarves surrounding the ball near the sideline and my players having a tea party in some useless location on the pitch. Guard and tackle everywhere. It was an actual nightmare that I had back when I was just a rookie Goblin. The horror. Ag 4 and Nuffle bailed my ass out of that one.
Ugly: Ball-and-chain inducement. Oh who am I kidding. His single turn in the game was hilariously worth the price.

Game 3 - Ian's Cheating Bastards - Draw 1-1
Good - The Warpdivers' fans. They ended the day for the ClawPOMBing ego-maniac and for the surrounded, side-stepping, blodgy Elf. I missed my scoring chance in the first half to crowd-surf the Claw Douche. Worth it.
Bad - The Cheating Bastards' lack of execution. Ian deserved to win this one, but his players failed him in all the right ways when he recovered the ball on defense in the first half. The half should have ended 1-0 in his favor, but the Bastards just failed all sorts of dice rolls.
Ugly - Pizza bounty unclaimed. What's going on league?! It's simple. Foul him every time he Piles-on; crowd-surf him every time he thinks he's safe. The dice will get him eventually...

Game 4 - Jay's Vamps - Win 3-0
Good - High-powered offense. 3 TDs. Contributions from everyone, even the hobbled Gobbo, Limpy McGee.
Bad - Peer pressure. What?! Now everyone gets a piling-on jerk-face that only rolls 11s when they hit my armor 7 and absolutely eviscerates my team?! This aggression shall not stand.
Ugly - Sweltering heat. I'm sorry. There's no other way to express this weather result. God-fucking-dammit.

Game 5 - Alan's Greenskins - Draw 1-1
Good - Team development. William Taft finally got 2 points. No permanent injuries, despite all of the abuse. Samuel Wormtail is now a TacklePOMBing bastard. Argus Blightclaw is a PO away from...ummm...tickle fights? Shhhh...I'm not a hypocrite! He'll be like the Robin Hood of ClawPOMBers, only dealing damage to the league's other cheating bastards. I promise.
Bad - Not using my field. Alan put some sort of voodoo magic on his home field. I don't trust it. Which leads to...
Ugly - First half. Smash. 1. I'll use a reroll. 1. Smash. 1. I'll use a reroll. 1. Smash. Etc. "I'm glad you're having a great time, Alan. I'll just sit here and wait for the second half, at which point I will hopefully have more than 2 players and a dim, isolated troll on the pitch. No, no. Don't worry. I'm sure I'll smile again in my lifetime." Second half kick-off result: Blitz. Looking back on the week. I guess I had this coming. (I kid. It was a fun and ridiculous game. Great way to end the week. I chain-pushed a gobbo into an Orc lino into Passer Frank Sewergrass into Alan's ball carrier to get him exposed to a 2-dice hit. Have you ever even conceived of such madness?)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
Very lame league day. As of 4, Steph and I were the only players around. We got a good game in, though. The Greenskin Packers got their first touchdown of the season :P

Standings were updated. I'll post the complete standings later (this probably should have been happening the whole time), but the top four as of week 4 is as follows:

1) Warpdivers
2) Sons of Northern Darkness
3) Golden Claws
4) Chris Brett's team whose name escapes me.
beep bop boop

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
I'll be around all day tomorrow, I should be playing Saga around noon, and have a D&D game in the evening, but beyond that I am completely open. Hopefully I can squeeze in a game or two if anyone is free and interested.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
Tom - I can fit our challenge in Tuesday at 8 pm. Does that work for you?
beep bop boop

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »
sweet, will be there once i get out at 8. so long as no one calls in and they ask me to cover ( i will still say no to staying)
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2013, 12:28:23 AM »
Tom's team scared the crap out of me. Multiple S4 zombies, loads of guard, and a complete disregard for statistics. I panicked and never got off of my heels. Some amazing plays from ghouls put him up by one, but my equally amazing goblin tied it up. Surprisingly low casualty game for the number of blocks thrown. 2 meaningless ones from Mummy Smash, zero from Sons of Northern Darkness.

I caught the league's pass fever against the Warpdivers and went for a TD waaaay to early and unsafely. Skaven popped my carrier and a chain of goblin hand offs left me fouling in spite. 2-1 Warpdivers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:32:52 AM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:02 AM »
My big battle report:

Alan and I played football.  He won.  It was fun.
Tiger's Den founding member

joebear

• Email
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:08 AM »
The Whitepeak Warpdivers got their sole game in for week 6: another close one with the Sons of Northern Darkness. I've been taking a lot of heavy damage in the first half as of late, which was especially strange in this game, considering I started with the ball. The Sons killed Glart Smashrip Jr. for the second time this season. I'm not sure if that means I shouldn't induce him anymore because he stays alive against the Sons for an average of 3 turns or if I should continue to induce him because he seems to deflect the punishment away from my rostered players.

Frank Sewergrass has been promoted to team captain after yet another astounding AG4 performance helped my team get their score in the first half. The Sons recorded a pretty straight-forward score of their own before half-time, as my Skaven were really having an off-day, especially on defense. The first half ended 1-1 with a bunch of my players sitting on the bench, and this was definitely playing out like a traditional 2-1 grind in favor of the bashers.

I won a subtle but important victory at half time, when all three of my knocked out players returned on a 4+. That was just enough to offer some significant pressure early in Ian's drive. He decided to toss the ball downfield to his blodgy Elf to move the ball quickly, but the speed of my Skaven and the usefulness of Wrackle helped me bring the elusive elf down. My Skaven were generally unhelpful this game, barring a play here and there, but for once it was my Goblins that bailed me out. Limpy McGee (who I crudely named to remind myself that he has MA5) is really starting to grow on me. Despite my distaste for having a hobbled player in crucial positions, he always seems to be in the right place at the right time and makes great plays. In this case, he caught the ball as it was fumbled out of the Dark Elf's hands and weaved through Ian's ferocious Big Men to hand off the ball to Shoeless Joe, who we haven't heard from in a while. Shoeless Joe was in a great location, but that Murdering Clawpombing Bastard made a 4+, 3+, 2+, 2+ (and Ian was out of rerolls!) to get a tackle zone on the sprinting goblin. One more timely dodge and blitz was required from a Skaven, and Shoeless Joe was home free. All that was left was for Shoeless Joe to stall near the end zone, as he watched the Sons brutalize the Warpdivers' few remaining players all in the name of fair play and sportsmanship. Another tight win for the Warpdivers! 2-1.

After the game, huge strides were made in team development. After 12 games of not recording a single SPP, William Taft got a cas last game and an MVP today. Not only that, but he got a doubles roll on his first skill. His persistence has finally paid off, and now I might finally use him for something once in a while other than getting smashed since he's learned Block! In addition, Frank Sewergrass is officially an emerging star. Man, underworld is fun to develop. With block, ag4, and a normal roll there were tons of different ways to take him, but I ultimately decided on Nerves of Steel because I thought this might open up some great options for the team's play book.

Last but not least Shoeless Joe, the Killer Gobbo, who had been sitting at +ST and 15 spps for quite some time, finally got his second skill-up with today's dramatic, game-winning touchdown. After the match he took a celebratory Warpstone bath and exited the tub with a brand new pair of horns. I hope to seriously confound at least one opposing coach with Shoeless Joe's new abilities during Week 7 (unless of course he dies on turn 2 of my next game, which will surely happen considering I just typed it.)

Hope to see some of you on Sunday!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2013, 03:10:56 AM »
Yeah, dude. I need to stop default passing. That guy is really fun, but a cage works soooo much better for Chaos Pact.
beep bop boop

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
i need for more zombies to level!!!!
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
The Bad Moon Bashers continue to have ill fortune against the Sons of Northern Darkness. On the first play, Hellhammer decapitated an orc lineman. Though the Bashers managed to get back into the game with a solid touchdown, the blocking game was pretty much always mine.

Awesome game. Now to get back to painting Necromantics for Freak Frenzy! One more week!
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »
Anyone heading in tomorrow?
beep bop boop

joebear

• Email
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow. If I'm not there before dark and haven't posted on here, it means I've already died of hypothermia on my bike, and you shouldn't worry anymore because there is nothing you can do. Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
hmmmm well now. Mummy smash has more wins than losses for the first time in the league. looks like the passing game is starting to pay off. As for week 6 here is my work times

Sunday out at 6. -doing 2 headed giant tornament at 7 so no games for me

monday out at 7. -If you want to play a game with me, please post on the forums if you will be down at BG. If not i will be going home instead. I will check the forums on my phone before i leave work.

Tuesday out at 8- If you want to play a game with me, please post on the forums if you will be down at BG. If not i will be going home instead. I will check the forums on my phone before i leave work.

Wen. Well out at 11 PM so wont be gaming

Thursday. No work!!!!!. Sleeping in. will be there around 2-3. Unless someone will be there earlier and wants to play. Just post on forums and i will set my alarm

Friday. I am out at 5. But i got D&D at 7. So unless your sure you can fast play a game, no game for me

Saturday. Forgot what time im working, will edit soon.
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
So, yeah. Sundays are pretty much completely devoid of players. Is there a better day/night to get games in?
beep bop boop