Author Topic: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup  (Read 38267 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:25 AM »
Awesome games tonight!

Dwarfs (Bad News Beards) vs. Vampires (Boris' Neckbitters) - Dwarfs 2-0, I believe.

Underworld (Warpdivers) vs. Amazons (Helga's Horde) - Underworld 1-0

Dwarfs (Bad News Beards) vs. Orcs (Greenskin Packers) - Dwarfs 2-0

Chaos Pact (Sons of Northern Darkness) vs. Vampires (Boris' Neckbitters) - Chaos Pact 2-1

Chaos Pact (Sons of Northern Darkness) vs. Amazons (Helga's Horde) - Chaos Pact 2-1 in overtime.

I didn't catch all of each game, but what I did see was awesome. Underworld vs. Amazons was interesting.

Loads of casualties through the night, with Boris' Neckbitters suffering the most. The vast majority were self-inflicted!

After Sunday's abysmal showing by the Sons of Northern Darkness, it appears that the lashings, death threats, and combat drugs are working for the team! Bomber Dribblesnot may or may not have contributed by exploding some Amazons...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:35:27 PM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »
THE HORROR! THE BOMBS WERE EVERYWHERE!

Even in the racoon wounds.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »
Undisputed Bad Ass of the Night goes to Riley's AG4 linewoman, who endured many, many attempts on her life.
beep bop boop

joebear

• Email
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:18 AM »
Undisputed Bad Ass of the Night goes to Riley's AG4 linewoman, who endured many, many attempts on her life.

Knocked her out twice, and she just kept coming back for more. I did badly hurt one of those damned blodgy blitzers though. I believe that cas came on one of the two successful one-die blocks I made on a blodger. :-) Nuffle was undeniably kind to the Whitepeak Warpdivers last night, except to my blitzer, Argus Blightclaw, who dropped the ball in the end zone and then got knocked out by the crowd. Rough night for him.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:37:10 AM by joebear »

Skarsnik123

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • I think thats how that rule works
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »
The risen would like to clarify that a thrall is a Player first, then food a very close second.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »
Anyone around tomorrow? Steph is working and I'm going to need a break from finals prep.
beep bop boop

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 02:35:48 AM »
So finaly got in 2 games this week

1st game went into sudden death Vs the counts, but never fear, my zombies relentlessly chased down the ball and managed to bring a long but hard win to team Mummmy smashers

2nd game ended up agaisnt dark elves. After a very early causlties to the witch and assasin, the dark elves fought back hard, but a horde of hungry zombies surrounded them and the feeding frenzy began

All and all, im happy with my teams performance, felt bad crushing the dark elfs players hopes(dice where rolling poorly so i felt even worst)

The funny news is, both MVP rolls landed on zombie snake number 5, and i ended up rolling double 6's. So now i got a str 4 zombie. As much as i love this, i really hope i dont get more MVPs on this guy, they need to go to my mummies. They can break armor but i cant inflict causulties even with mightly blow
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »
I'm really interested in how the +STR works out. I think I would have ditched it in favor of Guard.
beep bop boop

joebear

• Email
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
I'm really interested in how the +STR works out. I think I would have ditched it in favor of Guard.

Rule number 94. ALWAYS take the plus strength. Even if it has a negative effect on your team value, Nuffle will punish you for your insolence if you don't take it.

Also, you guys are getting a lot of game in! I've got to catch up. I'll be there in the early afternoon on Sunday. Hoping to play at least a pair.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:14:14 AM by joebear »

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2012, 01:41:47 AM »
Str 4 zombie did help but against 3 giant str 5 monsters and Ians dice being on fire, really dint help in the long run. 3 creatures that dont do anything good on a roll of a 1 and he goes all game without rolling that 1. A dead zombie and dead ghoul really hurt but zombie was replaced with 12th member of my team. another zombie. But poor ghoul i had to pay for again :( for a new ghoul

On the bright side i played allen right after that and it was a big slug fest. everything getting knocked down but just about no armor pens. We called it a tie end of 2nd half at 1-1 since store was closing.

The only luck i had tonight was that my zombies where winning 1v1 vs bigger stuff and letting oppent chose. Not 1 of my own zombies went down to that :)
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2012, 02:26:23 AM »
Extensive training in the art of "paying attention" with Necrobutcher, Horgh, and Vrangsinn has really paid off!

Yeah, dude. That game was bananas. I can't believe I didn't fail a single big guy roll (outside of 1 or 2 Wild Animal rolls that didn't matter).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:23:49 AM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
Sounds like you lot are having a blast! I'll have to dig out my High Elf team and try to get in on the next one, though I will need lots of refreshment.  Last game was... 8-10 years ago? I liked the game so much I even had cheerleaders for my team!

joebear

• Email
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
Sounds like you lot are having a blast! I'll have to dig out my High Elf team and try to get in on the next one, though I will need lots of refreshment.  Last game was... 8-10 years ago? I liked the game so much I even had cheerleaders for my team!

I'll be there tomorrow Nate. More than willing to play an exhibition game and help you out a bit if you can get there (and as long as I can get two league games in). Though, it will be strange for you to play against the truly bizarre roster that is underworld after not having played for that long.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
Another great day of blood on the pitch! Here were the games that were played:

Sons of Northern Darkness (Chaos Pact) vs Warpdivers (Underworld) - Warpdivers 2-1

Sons of Northern Darkness (Chaos Pact) vs Boris' Neckbitters (Vampires) - Sons of Northern Darkness 2-1 in overtime.

Warpdivers (Underworld) vs Mummy Smash (Undead) - Warpdivers 1-0

Helga's Horde (Amazons) vs Rich's Gobbos (Goblins) - Helga's Horde ?-?

A great night for the Warpdivers in terms of touchdowns, but not so much in terms of casualties suffered! One goblin, after witnessing the relentless thrashing of his team mates finally snapped, channeling his rage into his tiny little arms. The Killer Gobbo has been born.

The Sons of Northern Darkness continue to develop their unique style of play, slowly eschewing ball handling for face pounding. Even Ihsahn, the renegade dark elf, has begun to ignore the coach's shouts to run the ball, intentionally dropping it when recovering a kick off and refusing to hand the ball to team mates.

Boris' Neckbitters have seen their vampires become much more reliable ever since adding a supplement to the stadium's Orca Cola causing blood to taste like lemons.

Undisputed Bad Ass of the Night goes to #7, Skaven Lineman for the Warpdivers. He tied up numerous Marauders and big guys, while disrupting the Son's attempts at a touchdown. All of this while being pummeled constantly!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:09:54 PM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

joebear

• Email
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
A great night for the Warpdivers in terms of touchdowns, but not so much in terms of casualties suffered! One goblin, after witnessing the relentless thrashing of his team mates finally snapped, channeling his rage into his tiny little arms. The Killer Gobbo has been born.

Tom and I both displayed some epic ineptitude in our match. From failed dodges and pick-up rolls to self-smash, our game had every form of failure one could possibly see on a blood bowl pitch (I guess my troll didn't eat any goblins, but that was probably due to the fact that he was too busy getting knocked out whenever he had the chance). Nuffle rewarded our good sportsmanship despite the 1s and skulls with some awesome skill rolls. I hope I don't have to see that blocking mummy anytime soon. That thing is a goblin destroyer.

As for Shoeless Joe, the killer gobbo, the second MVP and subsequent strength increase serves as redemption for the tormented road to this point in his warped life. "Droopy-face," they said. "Useless mutation," they said. Now look At him. Asked to comment on the speculation that he had eaten a kilo of warpstone before the match, Shoeless Joe responded, "Nuuuuuuuurrlllll......abluh. Duh...bluh"