Author Topic: A Game of Thrones, Anyone?  (Read 5630 times)

aamailhot

• Email
A Game of Thrones, Anyone?
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
Preferably in/near Plainville MA. Preferably with the full six players. If you have not played yet, it is truly epic and you should.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1077906/a-game-of-thrones-the-board-game-second-edition

Leme know.

-aa

aamailhot

• Email
Re: A Game of Thrones, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
And if this happens on the weekend or Friday, I'll have one or two other people to play.

TheMerch

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
I am definitely up for a session of AGOT. 

A saturday afternoon would work best for me.

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
Let's aim tennitively for Saturday, 2/9 sometime (preferrably starting before 3pm)?

Is there any admin out there that can get us a table at the Plainville location, and possibly a bit of advertising?

Also, how many people are interested in this? I count two so far along with me? I'll give y'all until Wednesday or so and then I'll invite my out-of-town friends to fill any gaps remaining. It's a delecate balance, because it'd be a bummer if < 6 showed up, but a tradegy if > 6 showed up :(.

Oh--and I'll bring my board of course. Does anyone else have it that they can bring, just incase we have a heavy turnout?

-Aaron

TheMerch

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
I can't make it this weekend (2/9) but I might be able to play next weekend. Sorry.

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
No problem Merc, we'll dissolve thep lans for now and try back in two weekends (3/22) maybe? I am busy in two weekends myself :(.

-Aa

TheMerch

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
I'm available to play AGOT this saturday (3/23) if you're up for a game. I can't make a sunday or friday game however.

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »
Ah, can't do this Sat. as I'll be at PAX East :). Perhaps the following weekend?

-Aa

TheMerch

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »
Next saturday (3/30) would probably work for me. Maybe around 2pm?

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
Let's aim for that. Are you going to have anyone in tow? I could probably drum up a few others, but I want to make sure that we don't have the awkward > 6 situation.

Also, I will poke the admins at the store to make sure we'll have a table, since I live 5 min away ;).

-Aa

TheMerch

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:32:09 PM »
I might be able to bring a friend if we are short a player (the game really needs all 6 players). Are you bringing 4 friends?

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 09:27:01 PM »
I agree, not really worth it without 6. I should have a guaranteed 3, including me. Will give you a definite number by Wed.

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
Merc,

I am about to start mustering my forces (  :) ) but I figured I should first settle on a time with you. Ideally I'd like to aim for the afternoon, but I just spoke to the shopkeep and he informs me that the tables are going to be full until 7pm for a 40k event >.< . He said that there was a CHANCE that we'd get a table in the back before 7, if a few ppl didn't show up...

I suppose considering that they are having 'national tabletop day' afterwards, we should maybe just aim for 7:30...? 'Stupid Easter or else I wouldn't be worrying about the time so much :(.

Let me know what your thoughts are,

-Aa

P.S. I saw this guy playing AGOT at PAX last weekend...rather, he was teaching 5 newbs to play! I wonder if he had any time left to do other things at the convention :-P.

TheMerch

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
7:30 seems a bit late to start the game. It will probably take us at least 3.5 hours to finish it (if everyone has played before), so I'm not sure we would have time to complete a game before the store closes.

Is the store always full until 7pm on saturdays or is it just because of this board game day event? Do you want to try for a game next weekend? Maybe next sunday if the store is has a large 40k crowd on saturdays?

aamailhot

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »
Merc,

I am thinking they always have a 40k going on until 7 on sat, so perhaps Sun some week would be better :(. How close are you to the store? We could always play it by ear for this coming Sat, which I think is what I am going to do with a few of my friends from out-of-town...

-Aa