Author Topic: Stripping paint with incredible pink!  (Read 1788 times)

Theory

• Email
Stripping paint with incredible pink!
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
Hey, I have made progress with stripping paint, finally!
When I went to maine a couple weekends ago, i was talking to one of my cousins about 40k. While I was talking to him about stripping paint from my models I meantioned wanting to use simple green. It turns out he is a salesman for a small company In maine that makes a product called Incredible Pink. Apperently this Incredible pink worked better than Simple Green in back to back studies.(its also biodegradable just like simple green is) ( I sorta stopped listening when he was rattling off each test Incredible pink did better in). All in all he told me that Incredible pink is much more powerful than simple green. So now I decided to try this out for myself. My mother had a bottle of this stuff so I took it and poured it out into a bowl.  I put a bunch of plastic and metal peices in it. In the first 16 minutes It had removed paint that I had put on one figure that morning.  That was 18 hours ago. so far I got most of the paint off the metal figures and its starting to remove paint from my other models. I decided to brush off the paint every day until its mostly removed. So far there has been no damage or color change with my models.  I will update this when I can remove practically all the paint off them.

Theory

• Email
Re: Stripping paint with incredible pink!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
This weekend I took the models out of the incredible pink and I was able to get almost all of the paint off my plastic figures. The metal figures turned a dark greyish but besides that incredible pink did not damage any of the figures. All the lines and everything were still there and the plastic was not soft. The glue softened and some of the parts fell off misc. arms and bases mostly. I put the piranha in ( the one that had about 5 layers of paint and when I tryed to strip the paint from it most of the paint stayed on) so in a week or earilier it should come off. I did make the mistake of trying to take off the crisis suit arms, which broke off those bulb things but I should be able to fix it with that modeling putty. This stuff works great. The next time I go to strip the rest of the fire warriors I will take some before/after pictures.