Author Topic: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations  (Read 17350 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2013, 04:50:52 PM »
White scars.
*Born in the Saddle: Models in this detachment with the Bike Unit Type automatically pass Dangerous Terrain tests, and recieve a +1 to their Jink Cover Saves. In addition add 1 to their Strength when resolving their Hammer of Wrath hits.
*Fight on the Move: Models in this Detachment have the Hit and Run Special Rule. Note that this does not include models in Terminator Armor, Devastator Centurions or Assault Centurions.

-----------------------------

..... this is really crazy good.    Hit and Run on everything, for free?  Skilled rider and stealth on bikes for free?   Wow...
Skilled Rider automatically grants +1 to all Jink moves so they don't have Stealth. Ya White Scars are looking good. A shame they don't have an assault oriented Bike Squad like Ravenwing though.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »
Hmmm the ultramarines tatics are weak, being 1 time use but no one should complain. At least it will be used compared to tge current chapted tactic. All the other tactics are really strong for something free.

The traits.....i see 1 good one and thats number 6. A d3 extra points can win you games

And last, the hunter tank sound very good now. For 75 points, id take, keep it in reserves untill enemy flyer comes. Cause 90% of people will have something that flys. And with the savant lock rules, only helldrakes and monsterous creatures dont worry about it, unless jinking doesnt count as a miss
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
Ultramarine went from crazy good to solidly situational.  I feel like it might be hard to get any great mileage out of it, as you can only use one a turn.  If you are charging, do you do assault to try and be sure you get there, or devastator in case you don't?  :)

It's decent, but far from great.  I guess they need to be happy with 6 special characters!  But, if wanted to worry about popping feats, I'd play more Warmachine!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
Tigurious sounds really cool and fun, and solid if they are right about the points decrease.

Knowing all the disciplines and re-rolling your psychic powers gives you a very good chance (probably 80%? too lazy to do the math right now) of getting a given power that will be really useful in a particular battle. 
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
The only thing i dislike about this new system is characters i would want to take with my Crimsons Fists army (Tigurius, Telion, etc) i won't be able to because they're Ultramarine characters.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2013, 12:15:05 AM »
4th Edition Codex all over again :P.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2013, 08:19:46 AM »
Tigurious sounds really cool and fun, and solid if they are right about the points decrease.

Knowing all the disciplines and re-rolling your psychic powers gives you a very good chance (probably 80%? too lazy to do the math right now) of getting a given power that will be really useful in a particular battle.

He's almost an auto-include now.  Expect to see him in Ultrasmurf primary lists.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Turns out it's exactly 75% chance for Tigurius to get a given power.

Man... the more I think about this, the more excited I am getting...  they are building this codex to support a great many different builds.  I think we are gonna see 5+ different competitive STYLES of army out of this dex.  funfunfunfun to play against.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
a guy with the codex in hand was doing some Q&A on bols last night though it seems he has taken a break for now.

nothing really earth shattering that wasn't already out there..

new centurians do not have an inulvn save
Telion is ultrasmurfs only
Calgar gets to ROLL for 3 warlord traits and then pick 1
SM psykers do NOT get access to divination although tigurius MAY, hopefully the guy comes back later to answer more questions

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35351-Ask-a-guy-with-the-early-marine-codex-anything