Author Topic: plugging a game system to my monitor.  (Read 3796 times)

buddyzen

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • FIRE-MERCHANT
    • Email
plugging a game system to my monitor.
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
hey guys i am thinkin about gettin ps3 but i want to put it in my room i was looking up about hooking into a monitor cause i got a nice 19" widescreen monitor in my room but i found out you need to use a hdmi vga converter or something and i don't have a hd monitor does anyone know if there is another way to do it instead of have to having a hd monitor
www.Fire-merchant.webs.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
Re: plugging a game system to my monitor.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
Yah, you're going to need an HDMI to DVI-x im guessing. Assuming your monitor is fairly new, I doubt it will have an HDMI port in it, but check where the signal cable connects, there might be one or two ports; a VGA and/or a DVI-x (the x is because there are multiple types of DVI ports, like DVI-I, DVI-D, and DVI-A). You will probably need something like this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7129403&st=hdmi+to+dvi&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1110262781843
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:57:07 AM by ghost03 »

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »
If you you are planning on converting HDMI to VGA / DVI what is your plan for sound?  HDMI carries sound to the TV as well as video.

Also, go online, don't bother giving best buy the business.  I was able to get something similar - hdmi to dvi from ATI for 12 bucks shipped.

buddyzen

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • FIRE-MERCHANT
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »
i need vga and also i need sound lol
www.Fire-merchant.webs.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"