Author Topic: Prepair for war......in SPACE!  (Read 25583 times)

Grand Master Steve

Prepair for war......in SPACE!
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »
Any one play Battle Fleet Gothic? I know I, Rob sims and Jon does im thinking of making some planet terrain so we can play I got a Space marines fleet waiting to bombard stuff to death. Also Ive always wanted to have an interactive game where what happens in BFG can affect a 40k game. IE fireing on the planet for a lance strike, launching boarding torpedoes to deep strike extra troops etc.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Prepair for war......in SPACE!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:30 AM »
I have Orks around here somewhere. I remember this game being at least 5x more tolerable than any GW game.
beep bop boop

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »
I've seen this played usually on Wednesday evenings.  John has a large Chaos and Imperium fleet.  I've seen him play against Sims.  I smell a BFG Opponents List thread ready to be born.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:58:22 AM »
It is played on Wednesdays because that's when Jon can get down here.  I'd love to expand it to other days, I'm usually there very often.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
He has a ton of terrain too.  It'd be pretty sweet to get a core of good terrain for the store.  DP used to have nice planets and some cosmic affects plus real nice asteroids.  The planets and asteroids would be real nice and relatively simple.

Can ask John how he did his.  He's a whiz at this kind of stuff.   If the terrain stuff was at the store 24/7 I can picture people playing more often.  A lot of the terrain, to me, is integral to the game.  Who wants to play BFG in the middle of empty space where nothing happens?

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »

Hi Steve,
   I play BFG against Rob (Sims) usually on Wednesday nights.  I posted the fleets I currently have on the other thread.  I also have a bit of scenery; planets, moons, asteroids and dust clouds.  I wouldn't mind starting up some regular gaming.  I'll be there tonight.

John

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »
As an aside, during the setup for this past megabattle I found a box high up on a shelf in back that had what appeared to be BFG terrain in it.  I was almost certain I made out an asteroid, and what looked like a series of other things including more asteroids in the works.

I'll pull it out the next time I get a chance and take a closer look.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »
As an aside, during the setup for this past megabattle I found a box high up on a shelf in back that had what appeared to be BFG terrain in it.  I was almost certain I made out an asteroid, and what looked like a series of other things including more asteroids in the works.

I'll pull it out the next time I get a chance and take a closer look.

You did not hallucinate. I know that I made some big, hemispherical, planet-like thingymajiggy. It was terrain that was being made for Babylon 5, if I remember correctly, but it should certainly be used for BFG as well.

D.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 01:40:43 AM »
That sounds most excellent.  I envision it getting much usage.  Sims, when you look at the box again post an inventory of what you find (if you don't mind).  Thanks!

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:04:25 AM »

I'll be working on some larger planets than the ones I have.  These will be half sphere in shape, so they won't fall over.  You can find these foam spheres at any craft store.

John

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 02:08:07 AM »
Sadly for my marine armada to enuage in combnat Im usualy restricted to Friday or Saturdays.

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 02:15:44 AM »

I'll be working on some larger planets than the ones I have.  These will be half sphere in shape, so they won't fall over.  You can find these foam spheres at any craft store.

John

Can't wait to see the new planets.  I'd love for BG to get some more BFG terrain including planets and whatnot.  Its the sizes that matter most compared to how they look.  Just need small, medium, and large planets.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 02:59:59 AM »
So anybody up for a game soon?  I definitely want to get another game in, and now that I've almost got my other merchant assembled I can play a better 1000 point force.  Let me know what days work for you and I'll have them work for me.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
Well i can do today (sunday 7-13-08) I can do Fridays and Saturdays

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

I should be around on Wednesday in 2 weeks (23JUL08).  I have tentative plans for a game of A&A Minis with Rick.  Maybe get a game in before or after?

John