Author Topic: 35 pt God-Awful SR at Pandemonieum 6/1!!!  (Read 1581 times)

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
35 pt God-Awful SR at Pandemonieum 6/1!!!
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
Hey BG people, I'm running a SR up in Cambridge this weekend with a big twist; make as dysfunctional a list as you can, and then swap it for your opponents each round. Best win record wins 1rst, as per usual SR scoring rules. Event opens at 11, starts at 12.

Here's the event description from Facebook...

Ever wonder what an army of all choir priests could do on a battlefield? Ever look down at the table and think, "Man, I shoulda brought more Kossites"? What about that time when you needed like, 3 more corrupters? Well, here's your chance to live out those dreams.

In this tournament, you are invited to bring your worst 35 pt list, in terms of synergy, match ups, and damage out put. Make the worst list you can, following normal force organization rules, and bring it to the tournament. Once there, you switch lists with your opponent each round and try to beat your own list with what ever cripple army you were handed.

There are some guide lines in construction though. 1) You cannot take models that are impossible to field. Example; no taking 10 incubi in a list of only beasts. 2) If you take models that can make more models, like Goreshade or Afflictors, you must bring an appropiate number of extra models. 3) Hordes lists must include enough beasts with a combined fury total that equals or excedes their warlocks fury stat. Example; pMadrak must have at least one Fury 5 beast to fill his Fury total of 5, or 2 Fury 3 beasts. And 4) Lists must be the full 35 plus Warcaster/Warlock points; no short-changing your opponent.

This will be a 3-4 round event, depending on attendance. Entry fee is $15, $10 for 'Ard Boyz members. Registration starts at 11 and dice roll no later than 12. Hope to see you guys and your terrible armies there!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: 35 pt God-Awful SR at Pandemonieum 6/1!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
I like this idea.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »
Ha!  This is pretty clever. I could see some brutal battles, actually. The all low-strength, high defense squishy list meets the all jack with no focus list...  the match ups could be pretty nuts actually.  I bet a lot of players will be able to salvage some potential from the dysfunction! Fun!

I don't know what I would take for cygnar...

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
I think one guy is take Rorsh and Brine with 12 Razor Boars in his Menoth list. What a jerk.