Author Topic: Armies of Immoren: The Protectorate of Menoth!  (Read 13653 times)

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
Fire of Salvation & Wracks
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »
Those look beautiful. Very nice paint jobs especially given your color scheme.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Armies of Immoren: The Protectorate of Menoth!
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »
Yet another stage complete. I'm feeling a little lonely here in the Fully Painted Club. Both Matt and Steph are furiously trying to make up for lost ground as I type this. I certainly hope they manage to catch up before we jump to 1,000 points.

750 is largely uncharted territory for me. I've played around 3 games at the point level, all with Epic Vladamir, who isn't too difficult to use. This is going to be a real challenge, especially with a warcaster who doesn't play well with others. I'm reaching the upper limit on number of 'jacks I can run and Reznik provides absolutely nothing for infantry.

I'll be needing something capable of hunting solos, as they've proven to be problematic for my list and will become more so at 750. I'm also going to need a little board control to make up for my plodding advance. This is the list I have in mind, with the new models listed in blue:

High Executioner Sevrath Reznik
     - Fire of Salvation
     - Devout
     - Redeemer
     - Revenger
Vassal of Menoth
Choir of Menoth (6)
Holy Zealots (10)
     - Monolith Bearer
Idrian Skirmishers (7)
     - Chieftain and Huntsman Unit Attachment
Rupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Lady Aiyana and Master Holt

Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist

I have removed the singular wrack I had in my previous list to fit in some of the new stuff. I like it a lot and it worked great, but I'd rather have everything listed here. On to the unit by unit!

Devout

I've been trying to fit one of these in since my 350 point list. This bodyguard 'jack intecepts ranged attacks, provides magic immunity for one focus point, and makes a defensive strike that lowers MAT when an enemy ends its movement nearby. Its efficiency and protection work very well with Reznik, who's stats aren't good enough to have him in the front on his own. This 'jack will also free up Gorman in many match ups, allowing me to use him more aggressively.

Idrain Skirmishers with Unit Attachment

They are the only other Protectorate unit that can function independently and not suffer for it. Don't think that's the only reason I took them, though! Idrian Skirmishers can do it all. They kill infantry like its nothing, kill 'jacks just as well, and control great swathes of the board with their intercept ability. Anyone who hates Zealots will feel a lot better about them after I use these guys.

Rupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

What can I say about Rupert? He's almost essential for any Menoth army with more than one unit of infantry. He provides extra attacks, extra movement, pathfinder, tough... This solo defines utility and makes my units much more deadly.

Lady Aiyana and Master Holt

And you thought Eiryss was aggravating... Able to turn the lowliest warrior into a 'jack killing nightmare, Aiyana and Holt provide me with an alternate win: Super Zealots and Super Idrians. Sometimes Fire of Salvation or Reznik just can't get the job done. The ability to make attacks count as magic, shoot accurately, and to create a magic vacuum sweeten the deal, but its all about Harm.

I paint all my units at once, so even though I'm only using 9 skirmishers, I'll be painting 12. In addition, I own two Devouts so I'll be getting both of those done as well, bringing my painting tally up to...

2 Devouts
12 Skirmishers
Aiyana and Holt
Rupert

...16 models... 14 of which are infantry. Awesome...
beep bop boop