Author Topic: GW Spray gun  (Read 5598 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: GW Spray gun
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 01:22:21 AM »
Badger.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 02:47:34 AM »

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »
Also, I've been "planning" on replacing this air brush for about a year now and everytime I go to use it, it doesn't disappoint.  I suppose it will be like other things where I just use it until it breaks down.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
Ok so now that I had gotten an Air Compressor my Brother deciding it would be cool to use my Spray Gun lost the retaining clip for the needle. Does anyone know the size of the retaining clip and where I could get some type of replacement.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »
The company would likely know, or at least pointed in the right direction.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
Forgot to mention its the gw spray gun anf I sent them an email already couple days ago havent gotten a response
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
harbor freight in Attleboro and Braintree sell air brush compressors for 75 about and 100 with a better air brush gun than gw's that has both distance and volume control. it's is a little bit to get used to but it is better no up and down with the contorts of the model. dual action triggers give a lot more control and precision.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Passmod

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »
To be honest, I hooked it up, sprayed some air through, said "cool" and it has been sitting on a side table in my dining room since I got the setup.  Troops before vehicles!

Useless tosser!

Get 'er tested please :)

Does the spray gun work right out of the box with a standard hobby compressor? The Badger 250 spray gun has a really small attachment which is very difficult to match to a compressor, I've been told that is what the GW spray gun is based off of. My compressor has an attachment that looks like a coaxial cable thing on the back of a TV. (Size wise)

Thanks,
Jeff.
Imperial Fists
W: 1 L: 0 T: 0

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
Jeff,

What I did was buy an air cable that connects the compressor to the Airbrush.  I had a similar problem with my Badger model as well.  Harbour Freight carries a nice assortment of cables in different sizes and lengths.  You can also go to any hardware store, although if they don't specialize in paint, you may be harder pressed to find it there.  Lastly, there's always Home Depot or Lowes.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »
they have fittings to change from one size to the next and could convert just about any fitting to any fitting.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu