Author Topic: Lucky 13  (Read 34909 times)

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
Re: Lucky 13
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
Next week I have no strong preferences for which day, but through the summer I would prefer Mondays.

It might be time for someone to post a date, time and points total.  Without targets to aim at, it is hard to make a commitment.

Lucky 13s Season 2 Chapter 1 features Guard and Orcs, with assorted allies of course.  I'd be tempted to run guard, but my Eldar are better equipped for Apocalypse.  Knowing the point totals would be nice.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1185395_Lucky13sChapter1Scenario.pdf

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »
According to the Lucky 13 rules, which I actually read, You may bring a force between 1,500 pts and 3,000 pts to the battle. The rest of the scenerio rules are at the link posted above.

The good thing, if Im' reading all this right is we can do different events on different days , so it doesn't have to be same day for everything. I"m not sure how they have Derek keeping track of this, but it's in the info. they sent/ will send him.

I guess I can start the ball here; how's this Thursday for a game? Say 1,500 points. I've got the Dark Angels. Need 3 more people; 1 for Imperial side and 2 for Orc and an ally. Let me know.

Derek/ Chase  how's this work from here? We get together have abattle and you record/send GW the results?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »
Thursdays are Bad why not do tyhe Lucky 13 campaign on Mondays when a good ammount of 40k players are there anyway?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
from what I read on the site, it seems that the lucky 13's have already started on May 9th.  It looks to be a once a month mega battle, that a write up is done for after the game is over to note any true exceptional moments.

Because of varied availability though, and this is just a thought, we could hold a series of 2-4 games during the month of a smaller scale and use the majority to decide our store's winner.  That way no one is nailed down to the one day and every gets a chance to play.  It might also help to not over run the store with a mega battle on a certain night.  Because while one night me be dead you never know when a crowd is just going to randomly gather and then there is a space issue.

I think the missions for lucky thirteen were gor 2-4 players anyway.  So I think a few smaller mega battles would be preferable.  I am not sure though, I think the majority should rule this decision.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
I have not imperial guard nor orks.

Are weeknight megabattles doable?

Jester958

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
I have orks But no where near 3000 points  i could get up to 2000 by next week.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
the way it seems to be laid out on the website is that each mission will be based around two armies and their "allies".  So, you could play any of the battle with or without the recommended forces just using the mission rules.  Its like our mega-battle, chaos vs order and all armies fall into one of those categories.  Also each race will have an optional victory condition, you know for bonus points.

I looks like the first game at least has the option for more people.  the first game is 3000 pts a side, I suppose we would be free to up the total to 1500-3000 a player but that would be the store's call.  But without alteration the first game looks to be ork vs guard, but it says in the mission out line any two opposing forces.  The special rules just make more sense with those forces. 

I have many points of orks, tau, and now some kareoke marines in case they are needed to help get the event going.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
I guess I can start the ball here; how's this Thursday for a game? Say 1,500 points. I've got the Dark Angels. Need 3 more people; 1 for Imperial side and 2 for Orc and an ally. Let me know.

I'll can provide 1500 of Guard easy enough.  If I see commitment from the ork/disorder side, I'll come in.  A time would be nice.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
1st Lucky 13 Event...I hope.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
This Thursday @ 6:30pm til whenever Order vs Chaos. Either 1 on 1 with 3,000 pts,
or 2 on 2 for 1,500 pts each team member.

I'll be there w/ 3,000 pts of Darks, but will have 2 list in case we get more than one person to play. My second list will be 1,500 pts. If no one else shows up I'll eventually just come home haha.

I personally like the idea of smaller battles whenever we can get them in. It would give more people a chance to play. It'd also make scheduling easer.

We can keep track on them on here (forums) and at the store. The overall results can be sent in. We'll have to follow the scenerio rules and try to have the tables set up really closely each battle, since they may not be on the same day.

Thoughts?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »
I agree,  I think that way you don't try to have 15 people involved in one day.  Also you could do a game on a monday and thursday.  To accomidate the two groups, since it would seem that there is some availablity issues with a few people. 

I can be down for the thursday with some orks.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »
Attention:

Anyone coming on thursday be ready with an opinion on super heavies.  As per the rule book, players should agree prior to the game.  Anyone planning on using one should prepare a list the doesn't involve them in case the vote is to keep the game to non-apocalyptic units.

The apocalypse book has a nice paragraph about how a fun game goes south when one player brings a warhound and his opponent has little to no chance of destroying it before it trashes his army.  Flyers, I don't see an issue with.  They can be a hassle but not all together game altering in the grand scheme of things.  I would personally only allow something like a titan if the other team can realistically handle such a beast.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »

The apocalypse book has a nice paragraph about how a fun game goes south when one player brings a warhound and his opponent has little to no chance of destroying it before it trashes his army. 

A warhound?
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
Re: 1st Lucky 13 Event...I hope.
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »
This Thursday @ 6:30pm til whenever Order vs Chaos. Either 1 on 1 with 3,000 pts,

I'll be there w/ 3,000 pts of Darks, but will have 2 list in case we get more than one person to play. My second list will be 1,500 pts. If no one else shows up I'll eventually just come home haha.

I personally like the idea of smaller battles whenever we can get them in. It would give more people a chance to play. It'd also make scheduling easer.

We can keep track on them on here (forums) and at the store. The overall results can be sent in. We'll have to follow the scenerio rules and try to have the tables set up really closely each battle, since they may not be on the same day.

Thoughts?

tomorrow thursday? as in the 14th?

If so Count me in for the other imperial.  I'll be there at 6:30.

Cheers,
A
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Jester958

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
Thursdays are no good for me I have School  :'(. So my orks can't make it

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
Re: 1st Lucky 13 Event...I hope.
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »

Thoughts?

tomorrow thursday? as in the 14th?

If so Count me in for the other imperial.  I'll be there at 6:30.

Cheers,
A

I'm in, then.  Alan and I Guard against Warped and....  maybe somebody.  I'll bring my Eldar flying saucer just in case there is a dire need for a superheavy on the Imperial side, but at 3000 points I would prefer to pass on the big models.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:04:10 AM by blantyr »