Author Topic: Lucky 13  (Read 34906 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: Lucky 13
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:12 AM »
warped is bringing dark angles, so he would have to side on the good guys side.  As I said before though.  I think we could alter the rules of these fights a little to accomidate as many people as we want.  We have the table space to fit 4 people to a side without too much trouble I think.  As I said I will be down with Orks, I also have a few points of chaos I can use to shore up the ranks.  Without using a super-heavy I think I am able to get around 4-5k worth of orks on the table including two flyers.  Adding in superheavies I can hit 4k or 5k easy.  I'll bring down what I can.

If no other bad guys can come help I'll take on who I can.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
I'll throw some demons in the car.  If we have too many Imperial players, I'll flip sides.

In the words of Gene Kelly, from Singing in the Rain...  "Gotta dance!   Gotta dance!  Got to dance!"

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
I'll throw some demons in the car.  If we have too many Imperial players, I'll flip sides.

If need be too, I can play as Fallen....just don't inform the Emporer. He hates that sort of thing.  ;D
We can work it out when we see who shows up and what they want to play.

I personally don't have any super heavies, so my vote would go with whoever I get teamed up with.

~Doug
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »

If need be too, I can play as Fallen....just don't inform the Emporer. He hates that sort of thing.  ;D
We can work it out when we see who shows up and what they want to play.

I personally don't have any super heavies, so my vote would go with whoever I get teamed up with.

~Doug

I've got 1500 - 2000 pts of Guard, I can maybe stretch to more. But no SH with me. (Coming straight from work).

I don't mind which way we play but if Doug wants to play loyalist, we can have Bob run his demons.

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
Well I have a call out to my buddy Tony.  He's got Deathguard.

So worst case we can take all comers, Alan if your not doing super heavies I don't think any of the other loyalists are so we can just count them out.  Besides at 3k a player I think they're too much, they would probably make the game no fun.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »
Well, that was painful.

Thursday night's game featured the most effective use of mystics I've encountered.  The scenario featured deep striking to approach an objective.   Mystics paired with a devastator covering the area of the objective was problematic.  That and effective use of scheduled bombardment proved very effective for the Imperials.

I ended up playing Chaos Demons, my first attempt to use the codex.  Not a noble first attempt.  I never cared for bonsai charge tactics, but they seem almost required...

Ah, well.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Battle Report May 14th Lucky 13 Chapter 1
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
 Well, it ended up Alan and I representing the Imperium. Bob and Kevin brought the Disorder to the table. The cost per side was 4,000 pts.
 We only used one table,even though the scenerio called for two. It just didn't make sense with only four of us. We had a full table that looked really cool if you took the carnage into account.  Huh Chase?
 Alan's Imerial Guard and Kevin's orks were taking all the 6's, leaving Bob and I with the much crappier rolls. As a side note my Darks will be heading to the range to practice shooting ALOT before the next fight.
 The Imperials took the victory, but the Mob of Kevin took alot of Bonus, or "ARMY AGENDA POINTS. 11 total for him and 2 for Alan. These were collected by completeing secret objectives as stated in the rules. They can be spent as rerolls, or 1 Additional Strategic Asset.
 Chase and I have a hardcopy of this also, just incase. Written records of the event were also noted, so we can keep track of progress and give everyone a chance to battle when they can and be counted. In fairness Kevin and myself thought it'd be the most fair to only allow the highest AA points collected to be allowed. That way if someone battles more than once they don't double up their points, but still get to use their highest. If anyone else has an idea to this please comment.
 All in all a very good night of gaming and even if I was slightly distracted from the Brunis loosing(grrr!) I had a  good time. I hope everyone can get a chance to take part in this and I can talk with Derek about the other events as well, like the story writting, and the building sessions, etc.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:58:13 PM by Warpedfuzz »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
Due to the secret objectives (which for me was destroying enemy units, and for Alan it was getting scoring units into the enemy deployment zone.)  I would think we may need to have an offical ruling.  Some of the objectives for army agenda points are not always possible.  Case in point, Bob's Demons gain AAP from destroying Eldar units.  Sadly none were present in our game there for impossible.  The GW listing states that your army objective is based on what army dominates your points at the time of the game, in case of a tie the player must decide which is the objective before the game.

I would think above all else that if you start disorder or order, that you stay that way for the campaign. 

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
Due to the secret objectives (which for me was destroying enemy units, and for Alan it was getting scoring units into the enemy deployment zone.)  I would think we may need to have an official ruling.  Some of the objectives for army agenda points are not always possible.  Case in point, Bob's Demons gain AAP from destroying Eldar units.  Sadly none were present in our game there for impossible.  The GW listing states that your army objective is based on what army dominates your points at the time of the game, in case of a tie the player must decide which is the objective before the game.

I would think above all else that if you start disorder or order, that you stay that way for the campaign. 

Hmmm...  When I decided to play demon/kroot last night, I didn't think I was committing myself for the campaign.  I didn't do well.  I just grabbed my fluffiest units for allying with orks and didn't consider that I was playing Alan and would thus need vehicle killing power.  I usually don't lack for heavy weapons as I did last night. 

But, alas, most of my vehicle killing power is painted in the Imperial style.  The Ladies of the Night are played 50% stand and shoot, 50% fast assault.  Going demon codex, if I avoid playing Imperial looking models, one only gets the fast assault part.  My demon collection is not balanced.

Ah, well.  Let's see what next month's scenario looks like.  If I have more time to put together an army, I can likely put together something that will work better.

I am leery of campaigns that reward the winners of previous battles.  This can be over done.  If the Mob of Keven cashes in and takes 11 strategic assets next game, this might not be an overly interesting game.  We might want to put a limit on how many army points collected in previous battles can be cashed in for any given subsequent game.  Perhaps we should reward the winners of prior games a little, but let's keep some semblance of an even playing field?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
Ya, bob I know your hand was forced on the side your on.  My intent was only to keep players from abusing the amount of armies at their disposal.  If someone has both a marines and chaos marines army, and no restrictions on what they play then they can use which ever stands to win them the most from that particular game.  I would say the best way to rule this is that if you switch sides you can not use the previously gained AAP in the next fight.

As far as the spending of AAP, you can spend them in the following way and they do not carry over from games.  So, Alan and I must use those points in the next game we play or they are lost.

1 AAP = +50pt in the next game
5 AAP = 1 Additional Strategic Asset
2 AAP = A re-roll on a Saving Throw or Ld. Check
5 AAP = One re-reroll of a Unit's shooting or Melee Attack.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »
Ya, bob I know your hand was forced on the side your on.  My intent was only to keep players from abusing the amount of armies at their disposal.  If someone has both a marines and chaos marines army, and no restrictions on what they play then they can use which ever stands to win them the most from that particular game.  I would say the best way to rule this is that if you switch sides you can not use the previously gained AAP in the next fight.

As far as the spending of AAP, you can spend them in the following way and they do not carry over from games.  So, Alan and I must use those points in the next game we play or they are lost.

Agreed!

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 09:16:53 PM »

Good nuff.  This month I'm enthusiastic about the new guard codex and would have liked to play guard, especially as I now know how bad I am at playing demons.  Next month?  Who knows?  This is also a guard centered campaign so guard might be an interesting side to play.  I am also trying to tell myself I don't really need to field Urban Legend Sophie.

I'll see what the scenario is and how many players are available on each side.

The table for spending AAP doesn't look like it is horribly imbalanced.  I've no big complaints.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »
Yeah Bob if you want to use Guard instead that's fine with me. Since neither of us got any AA points it's kinda a non issue really. This is for fun and you shouldn't be forced to play something your not as comfortable, or familar with if you don't wish to. I'm interested in how many others we can get going in this.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »
Is it too late to join the Lucky 13's thingy?

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
Is it too late to join the Lucky 13's thingy?

I don't think so.  In fact, I don't think this month's scenario is shut down.  There was talk last week that those who couldn't make last Thursday might put together another game this week.  The store would combine the results of multiple battles before reporting in.

You might try listing nights you are available and issuing a challenge.  The suggestion is 1500 to 3000 points, 2 to 4 players.