Author Topic: looking for a group with 2 open seats  (Read 2430 times)

riddlemethis

looking for a group with 2 open seats
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »
My cousin and I are looking to join a game. Its come down to any tabletop rpg with 2 open seats and in the area. We are located in weymouth and would travel to surrounding towns. If its something we have yet to play, we can check it out and pick up the books to learn. I know this is my second post, I'm just hoping the more direct headline will get more hits. Thank you all once again.

battlinbones

Re: looking for a group with 2 open seats
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
Hey,

Just joined up today and saw your post.  I've been thinking about posting on here to find some folks to play RPGs with since the guys I usually play with are all pretty spread out now.  I'm often the one running our games and was more or less looking to do the same with some folks who are close enough to meet up 1-3 times a month.  I work a hell of a lot at the moment so it could be closer to once a month or so for now.  I'm out in Upton, MA.  Way I figure it for now, I'm looking to less play campaigns but more one shots and short multi-session games, with either pre-made characters or hand-mades.  So investing in the books to games wouldn't really be too necessary.  Thoughts?

riddlemethis

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »
Hmm, Upton is a bit out. But if it were only once or twice a month it may be doable. What games did you have in mind?

battlinbones

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
I certainly don't mind meeting up at the store or whatever.  I've got my own vehicle so it's not an issue to drive out to the shop.  The RPGs I tend to favor are the following:

Trail of Cthulhu
Ashen Stars
Dresden Files
Aces & Eights
Godlike
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Atomic Highway
Darwin's World
Gamma World (4th Edition or the new boxed set edition, 7th or some such)
Twilight 2013
Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)

How old are you and your cousin?  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I am looking to RP with folks roughly around my age, which is late twenties.  I just want to make contact with some peers in the process, but twenties to thirties is fine. 

riddlemethis

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:39:11 AM »
Awesome! We are up for any game. Especially for one shots to try out different ones. Were you thinking of the Abington store.

battlinbones

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 12:10:02 PM »
I was.  How old are you and your cousin?

riddlemethis

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »
We are 26.