Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1658 times)

Wildstar

• not it!
    • www.musclesandbustles.com
Thank you
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »
I brought my daughter in to the Abington store today to look at DnD books and dice. She was very happy to buy her first set of dice and extremely happy they are pink. The guy at the counter, please forgive me for not knowing names and not asking, was friendly and helpful. It really brought me back a few years to be able to go into a hobby store that is dedicated to RPG's and not models and trains. I was sad to learn the store had actually been there for 10 years(!!!) and I had never known about it. I know we will be going back often.

I'll be checking these forums, too, looking for any groups that might be looking for a new member. Talking to my daughter about her elf ranger's "adventures" with her group have given me the fever.

Thanks again!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »
Awesome!  So glad to hear about your experience.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »
Wildstar,

It was great to chat with you and your family! Hopefully your daughter's dice prove lucky. :)

I'll be trying to organize some sort of D&D event at our Abington location going forward. I'd especially like to see some D&D "Next" open play-testing soon. Keep your eye open for events.

There will be a D&D Arena event soon. It's one of our more popular recurring events. It's basically a big throw-down in a huge miniature arena we built. Here's a review of the event we run at PAX East every year (a big, local convention).

See you soon!
-Derek
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Wildstar

• not it!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »
Wildstar,

It was great to chat with you and your family! Hopefully your daughter's dice prove lucky. :)

I'll be trying to organize some sort of D&D event at our Abington location going forward. I'd especially like to see some D&D "Next" open play-testing soon. Keep your eye open for events.

There will be a D&D Arena event soon. It's one of our more popular recurring events. It's basically a big throw-down in a huge miniature arena we built. Here's a review of the event we run at PAX East every year (a big, local convention).

See you soon!
-Derek

Hi Derek,
I don't see any link to the review(?). Thanks.

John (Wildstar)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:27:42 PM »

Wildstar

• not it!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
Thanks for the link. This Arena gig looks pretty cool. Is the DnD Arena the same as the Pathfinder Arena? Do you sell the minis? Sorry for all the questions. I feel like I just woke from hyper sleep and RPGs have just gone so far beyond AD&D and GURPS. Lol.

John

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
I'm not 100% sure if Derek plans to host some sort of D&D Next (5th edition, not yet released) Arena event (which would be pretty easy, actually) or if he meant the Pathfinder Arena.

Dungeons and Dragons doesn't really sell miniatures anymore, although they do have the Dungeon Command sets.  Pathfinder, which is a revised version of the Dungeons & Dragons version 3.5 rule set, sells all sorts of awesome prepainted miniatures.  A new set goes on sale later this week, actually.  Their miniatures are easily used for either game.

The three sets of miniatures currently available are:

Rise of the Runelords
Shattered Star
Skull and Shackles - released later this week

The RPG market is considerably different now.  :)  The major players are currently Pathfinder, Dungeons & Dragons, and the new Star Wars RPG called "Edge of the Empire."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:58:33 AM by Chase »