Author Topic: [Blood Bowl] Middenheim Open I - Blood Bowl Tournament (5/11/2013 Abington)  (Read 3540 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email

Date: May 11th, 2013 (a Saturday)
Time: Registration at 10:00, dice roll by 11:00
 1423 Bedford St. (Rte 18) Abington MA 02351
Entry: $10

REGISTRATION - Please send us an email with your name, team name, and team type to middenheimopen@gmail.com. Please also let us know whether you can supply your own pitch and templates.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING

1.   Your (hopefully) painted Blood Bowl team. Models need to be easily identifiable as what they are (ie, no snotlings subbing for black orcs!).
2.   Copies of your roster for yourself and your opponents.
3.   All necessary D6’s, block dice, D8’s, and templates.

TEAM SELECTION

1.   You have 1,100,000 to build your team. Rosters must have a minimum of 11 players before star players. Aside from normal team purchases, you may use this money to also purchase any inducements with the exceptions of wizards and mercenaries.
2.   All CRP teams are legal, as well as Chaos Pact, Slaan, and Underworld (Rules here: http://zlurpcast.com/JP/CRaP-LRB6.pdf and here: http://zlurpcast.com/JP/NewTeamsLRB6.pdf).
3.   All models used should be numbered in accordance to their place on their roster.
4.   Each coach will also be able to select a skill package to distribute to their team.

SKILL SELECTION

In addition to the 1,100,000, each coach may select one of the following skill packages to apply to their team. Please make a note on your roster as to which skill package is chosen and clearly indicate the skills that you have applied. Note: No player may be given more than one skill except where specifically noted. A skill can be taken a maximum of two times.

PACKAGE A:  6 Normal Skill Rolls
You may give six players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

PACKAGE B:  4 Normal Skills and 1 MA/AV Increase
You may give one player on your team + 1MV or +1 AV. You may also give four other players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

PACKAGE C:  4 Normal Skill Rolls and 1 Double Roll
You may give one player on your team a skill they could obtain on a double skill roll. You may also give four other players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

PACKAGE D:  2 Normal Skill Rolls and 2 Double Skill Rolls
You may give two players on your team a skill they could obtain on a double skill roll. You may also give two other players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

PACKAGE E: 2 Normal Skills and 1 Set of Double/Normal Skills
You may give one player two skills; one they could obtain on a double skill roll plus one from a normal skill roll. You may give two other players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

PACKAGE F: 2 Sets of Double/Normal Skills
You may give two players two skills; one they could obtain on a double skill roll plus one from a normal skill roll.

STUNTY PACKAGE (Halflings, Goblins, Skavenless Underworld, Saurusless Lizardmen only!): 2 Normal Skills and 1 ST/AG Increase
You may give one STUNTY player +1 ST or +1 AG. You may also give two other players on your team one skill they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll.

RULES OF PLAY

1.   APOTHECARIES automatically work in this tournament. They have three uses; either keep a KO'd player on the pitch as stunned, automatically bring a KO'd player back without rolling between drives, and to put a Casualty into the Reserves Box without rolling the result of the casualty. Apothecaries are still a one-use asset, so choose wisely! Undead, Nurgle, and Necromantic teams who have successfully 'Raised Dead' on a killed opposing player may only use the extra zombie for the remainder of that round; you don't keep him for the rest of the tournament!
2.   This is a RESURRECTION TOURNAMENT; all injuries and casualties reset for each round
3.   STAR PLAYERS - You cannot have the same Star Player on the pitch as your opponent. If two players both try to field the same Star Player (unless one player concedes use to the other player) then neither player gets to use that Star Player for that round. You cannot use Igors or Apothecaries on Star Players.
4.   ILLEGAL PROCEDURE will not be enforced in this tournament, although abuse of this state of play is likely to negatively affect your Sportsmanship Score (see below)
5.   SWISS PAIRINGS for round two and three will be determined by strength of schedule, but tie-breakers will be determined by Block Casualties and Touchdowns, so be sure to note them on your PGS sheet. (see below)
6.   TWO-HOUR TIME LIMITS on all rounds will be strictly enforced. This is a ‘dice-down’ time call at the end of the two hours. Warnings will be called at thirty minutes, ten minutes, and two minutes.
7.   There is NO OVERTIME played. If the second half ends in a draw, then it's a draw.
8.   You are required to SHARE DICE with your opponent. Each player should bring their own set of dice, but at the beginning of the game decide (or roll off) to determine which player’s dice will be used. The other player’s dice will be put aside and not used for the game.

SCORING

After each round you will fill out a Post-Game Show (PGS) sheet that award the game points to the opponent:
A WIN is worth 60 points
A DRAW is worth 30 points
A LOSS is worth 10 points

Also on this PGS sheet will be the Sportsmanship scoring for each round.

Part of your Tournament Packet is a Post-Tournament Show (PTS) sheet. This will have each player vote for other players on Appearance and Sportsmanship (see below). You do not have to have played anyone you vote for Best Appearance, but you can only vote for someone you played to determine best Sportsman.

There are 200 POINTS possible under this tournament system (60 for each round, 10 for Appearance, 9 total for Sportsmanship, 1 for receiving any number of votes on the PTS sheet)

APPEARANCE SCORE

This score is given after the first round, where players will lay out their team and receive a score during the lunch break. There is a scorecard later in this packet that will be used.
NOTE: If you have additional figures that are not on your roster but you feel will help your appearance score, you are allowed to use them for the purposes of this Appearance Score only. The highest score is TEN.

- All of the positions on the team are clearly discernible by model type.
- Each figure is clearly marked with a number that corresponds to a matching number on your Roster
- All figures are painted to a three-color minimum, with no bare plastic/metal/resin/primer showing.
- Each figure's base is painted, flocked, and/or textured.
- All Sideline Staff is present and painted to the above three-color standard, including Head Coach.
- The team features a Display board that matches the bases of the team.
- The team features cool conversions and figure substitutions, so long as they're still discernible by position
- The team features extra visual touches like custom counters, a dedicated pitch matching the team aesthetic, extra details for the team uniforms, modeled mutations, and so on
- This team is, in the Tournament Staff’s opinion, among the Top Five in the tournament for Team Appearance
- This team is, in the Tournament Staff’s opinion, among the Top Two in the tournament for Team Appearance

SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE

This is scored by your opponent after each round using the sportsmanship section of each After-Game Sheet. Up to THREE points are possible each round, for a total of NINE points total for the tournament.  This is not a rubric like the appearance score; please use your best judgment. Please also do not give an opponent an unduly low (or high) score. Any player who receives a score of ZERO in both the first and second round will be looked into; those who supplied the score will be asked to justify it, and the player will be given a verbal warning. A player who receives a ZERO in all three rounds will not be eligible for any prizes.

0 – One of the worst games of Blood Bowl in recent memory. Intentional Delays, general bad feelings at the table, constantly arguing over rules, deliberately confusing team figures…An absolutely terrible time. I would work very hard to make sure I never play this opponent again.
1 – Not a particularly fun game. I had to remind my opponent multiple times on basic rules and etiquette like turning players around and moving counters, and there were more arguments than there should have been.
2 – This game was fine. An enjoyable game in a competitive atmosphere. Any disputes that came up were handled and resolved well, and I would not have any problem playing my opponent again.
3 – One of the best games I’ve ever played. My opponent went out of his/her way to make the game enjoyable and memorable.

AWARDS

Middenheim Champion – The player with the highest score throughout the tournament
Best Appearance – Highest scores on Appearance sheet plus number of votes from PTS sheets
Best Sportsmanship - Highest score from Sportsman portion of PGS sheet plus number of votes from PTS sheets

Second place, third place, and other awards will be given dependent on turnout.

Questions? Comments? Email us at middenheimopen@gmail.com
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:15:03 AM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

nick_nameless

• Email
As long as I am not working...

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Going to try really hard to come this weekend... So far, so good, at least. :-)
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
This shit will be real.
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
omg itz almost fantasy foosball time!
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
This weekend!
beep bop boop

joebear

• Email
Woah. I have not been on my shit lately. A voice from the dark recesses of my mind told me I should get back on these forums.

I'm in for Saturday. I guess I'll be Underworld again. Probably going with a more competitive build this time around.

I'll need a ride as always. Driver buys me lunch. That was a typo, but the excessive douchebaggery of those statements made me laugh, so I'm keeping it. You know what I mean.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Joe!

I'm more than happy to give you a ride! I'll text you tomorrow.
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Tomorrow is the big day! Don't forget to submit rosters!
beep bop boop