Author Topic: Turn 10 Update and Wrap up  (Read 3624 times)

Nick Hough

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
Turn 10 Update and Wrap up
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
Wrap Up for turn 10.

Epsilon Polaris

Mike M. wins the Planet Fall game against Tom C. Tom was routed.

Brad wins in the game with Mike M. Brad looses 1000 pts and Mike was routed.

Epsilon Ageris

Chris Curtin wins at Hex 6, Steve R. was routed and Chris looses 400 pts.

Chris Curtin wins at Hex 15, Steve R. was routed and Chris looses 400 pts.

Chris Curtin wins at Hex 7, Steve R. was routed and Chris looses 400 pts.

Epsilon Nitoris

Tom C. wins against Steve R. and takes hex 5. Steve Looses 1000 pts and Tom looses 1200 pts.

Dan D. wins against Steve D., Steve looses 150 pts and and Dan looses 500 pts.

Steve Riles wins against Steve D. at 6. Steve D. Canceled the game.

Epsilon Primaris A

Mike M. wins agains Jerry V., Mike looses 745 pts and Jerry looses 1321 points.
“There are no men like me. There's only me. - The Kingslayer”

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
Re: Turn 10 Update and Wrap up
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 12:22:48 AM »
So what planet am I on for hammerfall?

And how should I calculate my available points?

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 02:26:18 AM »
What about the resolution for the game on Nitoris 3 between Moon and I?  I posted multiple times trying to get a hold of him, with no response.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 03:02:02 AM »
Me and Chefs resolution on Polaris @9 also needs to be auto resolved.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:46 AM »
As well as Cap and I  on Volcanis
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Nick Hough

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »
The Auto Resolves will be posted soon!

Nick Hough

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
Brad, Moon gave the game to you because he dropped. He is routed.

Murph wins in the game with Mike M. on Polaris. Mike your army was moved back to your territory. 

Capone wins in the game with Murph on Volcanis. Murph your army was moved back to your territory.

I do believe that is it.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »
Hello mcfly...   what planet am I on...

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Hey Sam,

I checked into this on your behalf. It seems that despite the earlier conversation between yourself and the Battlegrounds staff they received orders well after the deadline. Since we are well into the first week of the Hammerblow, I'm afraid that nothing can be changed now. Allowing you to make planetfall would retcon a lot of actions on behalf of other players and while we would like to be generous to players whenever we can, we also have to consider when that generosity would be unfair to other players.

While its unfortunate, I do feel the decision is fair. All of the other players have repeatedly been able to submit moves to us and those who did not simply did not move. This is true even of players who were an hour or under late with their submissions and since we were strict with them its only fair of us to be equally strict here. Even if it was previously unclear what you needed to do in order to get back into the campaign, after the prior conversation with the staff still we received moves too late. I'm afraid there's simply nothing to be done at this point.

Sorry Sam, but efforts were made to help you on this. I back Battleground's decision here.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:24:32 PM by Vermillion »
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 06:15:25 AM »
Where did the metabattle rule thread go? It was here a week or two ago.. Paul can you go down planet by planet and let us know how many points/assets each player has? This is confusing and I think we could all benefit from some additional help. Also will there be special mega battle sheets to fill out for these events? Thanks

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
So I am unable to take part.   Gotcha.   To say I am rather more than a little irritated is an understatement.   

So   in effect nick since week six my time has been completely wasted.   Got it.   My input in MULTIPLE attempts.   Useless.   I am very much looking forward to the post mortem on the "league"    as in my opinion there are/were some MAJOR issues that have continually arisen.   

First for me is that it is apparently beyond your ability to adequately administer a long term organised enterprise.

This is TWICE now you completely disregarded conversations we had.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Sam,

The decision to not allow you to make your move after the posted deadline was mine. The league attendants came to me and asked what they should do, knowing your disappointment from a previous issue. I told them that it wouldn't be fair for someone to post their moves AFTER they had potentially already seen everyone else's moves, as they had been uploaded to the website.

I can't understand why you are angry about us not posting a move after the official weekly deadline. It's simply not fair, and our decision was based solely on that fact. This is not an issue with us being able to adequately administer a long term organized enterprise. This is an issue with you not submitting your moves before the stated deadline.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »
I'm angry because I had submitted the original destinaton to try and land on in week six (prior post)  I sent  move subission to nick via pm during week nine asking to try and drop on "any open" hex per his discretion.  Furthermore he had sugessted I try and land on steve Ds hex (prior thread)  i said i was amenable to that, ,  but unless I could build in space I would have had no army to do so... 

Also I wasn't told I had missed the deadline in the initial public "update" for week ten.   

All told this has been a fairly less than pleasent experience.

As stated I will be submitting my full critique and such after the campaign as to the specific rules and administrative issues I have encountered.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
I think there are multiple aspects of your complaint that are problematic. "Just put me anywhere" is not a valid order and puts an undue amount of pressure on the neutral tournament organizers. Also, other participants were refused orders that were given after the weekly cut-off time. If I'm not mistaken (the organizers and/or other participants can correct me if I'm wrong), the weekly cut-off for orders has been Tuesday at 6 PM since the beginning of the campaign.

Regardless, I look forward to your critique.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax