Author Topic: Wednesday Night Staples  (Read 4328 times)

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Wednesday Night Staples
« on: July 10, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »
I'm at BG, or at least I'm trying my best to be, every Wednesday.  I bring several games with me regularly that are fun for a group to do.  If anyone's interested to play just ask.

Infernal Contraption (including Sabotage expansion)
Sitting Ducks (YES!  Shooting ducks wins)
Guillotine
Cleopatra (decent board game)
Careers (FTW)
Farkle (aka Ten Thousand)

I know Jay usually pops in on Wednesdays too and he has some pretty sweet games.  Dunno if he always has them but I'm a big fan of Monsters of America.

And the store has some great games to play.  Ticket to Ride, Vegas Showdown, Carcasonne (I'm going to start bringing my copy with me including my expansions) and Apples to Apples.

Anybody interested in trying any of these sometime?
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Re: Wednesday Night Staples
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 01:55:27 AM »
Infernal Contraption was great fun tonight.  I tend to like games like that.

Though, I always... always love to play Apples to Apples.  I think it's the best board/card game at the store.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:00:31 AM »
I've only ever played it once, in my entire life, with Derek and Chase's friends.  It was a blast.  My fiance is a huge fan of it too and she's not so much into the gaming.

Infernal Contraption is kinda a pain to learn but it has strong replay value and a lot of strategy.  Despite that it tends to be fast...unless I'm playing with Mr. 45 Minute Turn...lol.  But seriously, that was some machine tonight.  It was so powerful it decked you.  Talk about amazing.  If only you could have turned that to take out John.  Better luck next time I guess.

We gotta get you in on a game of Ducks.  I think a mini-tournament for Ducks would be a blast too.  Quick to play and so many people love it that a strong showing could be expected.  I hope that maybe someday Derek will get a copy for the store.  I know John bought one.  Although his copy has 2 cards that used to be con exclusives.  My copy doesn't have them.  Anyway...Ducks is a blast (literally).

That reminds me that Riley has Bang, which is another classic.  Fast, fun, multiplayer game for up to I believe 5-6 people.  So many good games.

BTW, I just picked up Careers tonight.  I highly recommend it and must give props to Jay for introducing me to it.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:41:33 PM »
We need to break out Apples to Apples a bit more, it's a blast.  We havent played that in a long while.  Also, its been far to long since one of the giant games of 10000.  Those were always a lot of fun.

Otherwise, Blokus is pretty fun if you have exactly 4 people interested.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 12:55:11 AM »
In a couple weeks do Apples to Apples and maybe in August we can get a group of people together for gigantic Farkle?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 03:55:44 AM »
I don't think it would be too hard to make that happen :).
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
What in the nine hells is a Farkle?

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 06:47:03 PM »

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
Bloody hell, call 10,000 what it is and forget your made up words!!