Author Topic: Community wide paint exchange?  (Read 1438 times)

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
Community wide paint exchange?
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
Hey all!
 I live painting models. We know this. In addition there have been leagues happening that involve a lot of painting recently. So, I had an idea. Would people be interested in a November and perhaps into December paint exchange?

There are 2 varieties. 1) I get all the names and randomly distribute them. 2) people are paired up. I like the random one better.

Here's what would happen: You would sign up and after everyone is signed up, they would get a name and a list of models that the person provided when they signed up. The. The person has a month or so to get the model (from BG) and paint it. When the model is done, it will go to its new home but ONLY when the recipient has finished their model.

This only works if people can commit to finishing a model in a months time.

I've participated in a couple of exchanges and its very fun. I'm a big fan of them. I'd love to get some feedback.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Community wide paint exchange?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »
Sounds interesting.

So just so I'm clear in understanding, each person provides a list of models they need / want, then the person who is paired with them, selects from the list, builds and paints it?

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
Re: Community wide paint exchange?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
Yes! That's exactly it.

In one exchange I painted a Totem Hunter and got a Sylyys W. That was a pairing. Me and the guy discussed it. In the other, I painted a pKreoss for in guy but got a Saxon from a different guy. That was the randomized exchange.