Author Topic: First Timer Visit to Abington !  (Read 2196 times)

Luxo

• Email
First Timer Visit to Abington !
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »
Hello All ! Just wanted to jump into the forums and say how impressed I was with the Abington Store I visited today. Been really looking into learning some new board / card games, so I figured why not try the local place to go ! Went in around noon and spoke to a guy ( Didnt get his name ) about the Star Wars X-Wing game miniatures. Picked myself up the Falcon, and then really wanted to grab the core set for Netrunner ( Which i have heard nothing but great things about ! ) They didnt have it in stock, but he then offered to order for me ! Awesome ! I will be back in a week or so to pick that up and probably grab some more Star Wars miniatures. I was really impressed with the store though. Well laid out, the back gaming area looked awesome ( Didnt go back the whole way ), the clerk was very attentive, but not pushy and the merch was priced fairly.

Question : Do people play Netrunner there ? I really want to learn once I get it, and would love to have a place to play. In the same breath how about X-Wing ? Does anyone play there regularly ?
X-Wing Miniatures & Netrunner !

IG Dan

• Email
Re: First Timer Visit to Abington !
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:36:58 PM »
Welcome aboard. I think a couple of regulars have been getting into Netrunner. As for X-Wing, we are almost always available to play on Wednesday afternoon or early evening. Check Cryptoron's thread in the miniatures game section too.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:17 AM »
The potential for X-Wing and Netrunner organized play happening at one or both Battleground locations in the foreseeable future is high.

I'm psyched you had a positive experience today at one of our stores.  It's always great to hear from new people.

X-Wing is pretty popular among Abington regulars.  It's probably best to make a post on the boards a few days before you're looking to get a game in to make sure it definitely happens.

Netrunner does get played in Abington as well, but it's by some of the more "hardcore" TCG players (Magic players).  You best bet there is to stop in at night sometime and ask whoever is behind the counter to help you find someone that plays.

Good luck out there!!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Luxo

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »
And today I go back in to just scope out a few more things I may want... and lo and behold they got me the Netrunner core set already ! You guys rock ! 8)
X-Wing Miniatures & Netrunner !

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »
You guys rock ! 8)

I get that a lot. 

/brushes shoulders off
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel